Bastard Township Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
:angry:

I normally take 60-90 minutes of lying down to fall asleep. If I throw on a pair of headphones and listen to some YouTube thing, I'm asleep in 15-20 minutes.

Weird? Yes. But effective? Yes.

I just listen to John Mayer's Continuum to fall asleep, works like a drug.

phillyfan26 said:
If I throw on a pair of headphones and listen to some YouTube thing, I'm asleep in 15-20 minutes.

Headphones can be dangerous if someone's pulling a prank on you. with the scary demon lady thing.....oh I nearly had a heart attack when someone pulled on of those on me.

bono_man2002 said:

The likelyhood of dating your own cousin here is pretty rare. (Though some people I see, it may be true) Maybe in some other smaller places around Shep.

Shep is the new Iraq too guys, there are seriously more immigrants than aussies in shepp these days :lol:

:lol:

Come on, it's a rural centre, everybody's related to everybody else somehow. :wink:

bono_man2002 said:

Do they work?. I haven't been able to sleep well...for probably a good part of 8 years now.

Apparently. I was surprised. I would listen and think it was stupid ... and be really tired by the end of a 9 minute one.

bono_man2002 said:

Headphones can be dangerous if someone's pulling a prank on you. with the scary demon lady thing.....oh I nearly had a heart attack when someone pulled on of those on me.

I have a playlist that I scouted out. Haven't encountered one yet, thank God. Those usually are more in hypnosis things, I stick with relaxation/meditation based ones.

I find sleeping pills are often helpful in getting to sleep.

Nyquil works good too.

Don't know what the hell is in it.. but you'll be sitting there one minute thinking it isn't working and then blam! You're out.

Comes with some rather strange dreams though

RavenBlue said:
I find sleeping pills are often helpful in getting to sleep.

Nyquil works good too.

Don't know what the hell is in it.. but you'll be sitting there one minute thinking it isn't working and then blam! You're out.

Comes with some rather strange dreams though

Do you need a prescription for those? or just buy 'em over the counter?

I don't like to use medicine or drugs.

Speaking of which, allergy season starts soon and I'll be back on pills. Fuck.

Varitek said:

There's a number of them around, so I'll just give an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rV00Q_8kYk&feature=related

I don't watch it, despite the directions, I just listen to the audio. Still works more or less the same, for me. And I'm a horrible sleeper, so it must mean they're doing something right.

Also, what is that guy's accent? I'm not familiar with the differences between them.

bono_man2002 said:
Do you need a prescription for those? or just buy 'em over the counter?
Nyquil is over the counter, and marketed as a nighttime cold medicine. But it works so well because it's like 16% alcohol :lol:

Over the counter sleeping pills are just antihistamines (essentially, Benadryl) put into a blue package.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Nyquil is over the counter, and marketed as a nighttime cold medicine. But it works so well because it's like 16% alcohol :lol:

Over the counter sleeping pills are just antihistamines (essentially, Benadryl) put into a blue package.

No wonder I'm drowsy for the four months I'm on allergy pills. :angry:

RavenBlue said:
The 'sleeping' pills are prescription. They're for something else, but all they really do is knock you out. I have to break them up into quarters, they're that potent.
They're not Trazadone are they? I took Trazadone a couple of times... they make me reaaaaaally sleepy like I'm going to pass out for like a half hour, and then I'm wide awake again :down:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I've tried Valerian, it works to a degree but Its not supposed to "knock you out" or anything.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

They're not Trazadone are they? I took Trazadone a couple of times... they make me reaaaaaally sleepy like I'm going to pass out for like a half hour, and then I'm wide awake again :down:

Nope. Oxamapam.. they're kind of like getting hit in the head with a hammer. Knock you into the middle of next week. That's why it's so important that you break them up.

I made the mistake of taking a full one once and I slept an obnoxious amount of time and when I woke up.. I still felt like I could sleep for a fortnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom