Bastard Township Superthread - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2008, 08:54 AM   #526
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

Eh, the difficulty of year 12 is usually overrated, provided you actually do some work.
I agree with this, but fuck, I'm strolling through third year university right now so nobody should take what I say seriously.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-24-2008, 08:55 AM   #527
45:33

Quote:

Eh, the difficulty of year 12 is usually overrated, provided you actually do some work. What subjects are you doing? I've seen them posted somewhere, but can't remember, sorry.

It is. the problem is the school make us think its the be-all-and-end-all because the higher schools we get, the better the school looks. and thats bull because personally i dont give a shit if mackillop finishes last in the state, as long as i get the enter i need.

umm I did Theology last year, got 30, Further Maths last year, 35 and this year - Psych, Chem, Lit, English and Italian.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #528
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04

It is. the problem is the school make us think its the be-all-and-end-all because the higher schools we get, the better the school looks. and thats bull because personally i dont give a shit if mackillop finishes last in the state, as long as i get the enter i need.

umm I did Theology last year, got 30, Further Maths last year, 35 and this year - Psych, Chem, Lit, English and Italian.
Looks like a pretty nice combination, although VCE Chem seriously takes it. I did the Asian five, so I'd say your workload should be pretty light really.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #529

Quote:

Looks like a pretty nice combination, although VCE Chem seriously takes it. I did the Asian five, so I'd say your workload should be pretty light really.

Workload is ok... Italian and Chem are pretty heavy though. English is a breeze for me, as is Psych.

Hey axver, youre a cricket fan... i thought pietersen was an attacking batsman? his strike rates in this series have been deplorable.

horrible day for the sheep shaggers as well.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #530
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I have no idea who he is, my sailing has consisted of training and competition only, and a lot of it in Malaysia!

Port Philip is pretty decent to sail in, especially down Sandringham way, but for some reason they kept having our high school regattas down at the Docklands.

Yea, I shit you not, the DOCKLANDS.

Sailing seriously requires some guts though; when it's blowing 40 knots and you're in a tiny boat by yourself, well, it separates the boys from the men.
Dude, Sir Peter Blake is only one of the greatest yachtsmen of all time. He absolutely OWNED the Whitbread Round the World Race, and led New Zealand to two successive America's Cup victories (making us the first country outside the US to successfully defend the Cup in its ~150 year history). He was murdered by pirates on the Amazon in 2001. What a huge fucking blow that was. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_B...28yachtsman%29

Wow, Docklands?! That's just ... weird. At least your school offered sailing. The closest my school got was swimming! I don't know of any Gold Coast schools that offered sailing events.

And yeah, my father used to sail competitively. Got caught in wild weather on Cook Strait (between the North and South Islands) a couple of times. His stories of that are pretty hairy. Takes shitloads of guts.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #531
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Oh my goodness, Bonnie's latest poster...
Old 03-24-2008, 09:02 AM   #532
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Dude, Sir Peter Blake is only one of the greatest yachtsmen of all time. He absolutely OWNED the Whitbread Round the World Race, and led New Zealand to two successive America's Cup victories (making us the first country outside the US to successfully defend the Cup in its ~150 year history). He was murdered by pirates on the Amazon in 2001. What a huge fucking blow that was. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_B...28yachtsman%29

Wow, Docklands?! That's just ... weird. At least your school offered sailing. The closest my school got was swimming! I don't know of any Gold Coast schools that offered sailing events.

And yeah, my father used to sail competitively. Got caught in wild weather on Cook Strait (between the North and South Islands) a couple of times. His stories of that are pretty hairy. Takes shitloads of guts.
Ever heard of teams racing? 6 boats, three-on-three around a course, using anything and everything possible within the rules to win. It's INSANE.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:03 AM   #533
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Hey axver, youre a cricket fan... i thought pietersen was an attacking batsman? his strike rates in this series have been deplorable.

horrible day for the sheep shaggers as well.
Oh non-existent God, what a fucking awful series this has turned out to be. After owning the Poms in the first Test ... I just can't explain what's happened now. The English team is terrible and we're clearly the better side, but we're letting them walk all over us.

All we can hope for now is to somehow drag this third Test out to a draw. Force the Poms to bat through tomorrow and then just keep our shit together on the fifth day.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-24-2008, 09:04 AM   #534

whats southee bowl?? killed it in the first innnings, cant buy a wicket in the seocnd...
Old 03-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #535
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Ever heard of teams racing? 6 boats, three-on-three around a course, using anything and everything possible within the rules to win. It's INSANE.
That sounds fucking cool. And, yes, insane.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-24-2008, 09:07 AM   #536
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:04 AM
Quote:

sorry.

could help myself.

nah in all seriousness i think you guys looked alright actually, i have you in my eight. i dont know why everyone else thinks theyre going down the shitter.

Priddis

Whens Nicoski back??

And on the not supporting home town teams in the AFL... its a point I actually agree with inte on. It's because tradition has been lost... Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, etc all formerly had hoem grounds, but are now, apart from Geelong, all playing at either the MCG or Telstra Dome. There's no individuality.
Oh, you rotter!

Yeah, I think we'll be in the top 6 at least, hopefully. To early to tell, though. One thing's for sure though, our team was never just Cousins and Judd, and so it's annoying that we've been written off so much.

Priddis is awesome... as for Nickoski, he's fine, wasn't injured so much as a lack of confidence. He played well.

And you're completely right on the last paragraph there.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:07 AM   #537
Vocal parasite

Quote:
whats southee bowl?? killed it in the first innnings, cant buy a wicket in the seocnd...
I think this second innings is painful for all concerned.

How about what Sidearse did to us in our first innings! Fuuuck. Seven-for!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-24-2008, 09:08 AM   #538
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

That sounds fucking cool. And, yes, insane.
The screams! The rules! The shouting! The ducking and frantic manoeuvres! The tactics! The psychology! THE CRASHES!

It's a man's life at sea... Although there were some girls who were really, really good at it.

Sailing
Old 03-24-2008, 09:08 AM   #539

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

Oh, you rotter!

Yeah, I think we'll be in the top 6 at least, hopefully. To early to tell, though. One thing's for sure though, our team was never just Cousins and Judd, and so it's annoying that we've been written off so much.

Priddis is awesome... as for Nickoski, he's fine, wasn't injured so much as a lack of confidence. He played well.

And you're completely right on the last paragraph there.
Top six is certianly not a pipe dream, though I will miss Cousins.

soory all, but im going to bed!
Old 03-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #540
Vocal parasite

Quote:
And on the not supporting home town teams in the AFL... its a point I actually agree with inte on. It's because tradition has been lost... Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, etc all formerly had hoem grounds, but are now, apart from Geelong, all playing at either the MCG or Telstra Dome. There's no individuality.
This really fucking shits me. I think it is absolutely RIDICULOUS that a team can play two consecutive games at the G, and one of them is a home game and another's away. How is it even possible to play an away game at your home ground?!

What's amazing is that if I remember the schedule correctly, Collingwood only has to travel out of Melbourne ONCE this season. Talk about a huge unfair advantage.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread