Bastard Township Superthread - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #511
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:15 PM
Dan! What's up?
__________________

__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #512
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Sailing, a niche sport? Psh, it's only just behind rugby and cricket for New Zealand. We're one of the best sailing countries in the world.

(Still heartbroken over last year's America's Cup. Ugh. ONE LOUSY FUCKING SECOND AND THINGS MAY HAVE BEEN SO TOTALLY DIFFERENT.)
Ahhh nice. Someone who understands! Although I never really got into big-boat sailing - small-boat sailing is more suited for me, cause then you're only depending on yourself and not like 10 others to prevent the boat from capsizing...

Sailing is intense. But here, it is still regarded as a bit of a niche sport, as far as I've noticed.
__________________

__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:45 AM   #513
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,019
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Dan! What's up?

Nto too much Bonnie yourself???


Looks like your boys will be right w/o judd n cousins... I don't think Judd will ever be as good again anyway...
__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:45 AM   #514
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 02:45 PM
Hey Dan, how's year 12 going?
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:46 AM   #515
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,005
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
I hate the SA teams because I live in SA and have to put up with them all the time. I'd have to say I hate Port less though, because at least their SANFL club has a strong history. The Crows are just corporate shit.

Also, Crows fans are THE bogans of the world. Very much arseholes, too. I know of cases in which Crows supporters would trash cars owned by supporters of the opposition that were parked outside Footy Park.

As for the Saints, eh... they just don't do anything for me. But I certainly don't hate them as much as the Crows.
See, I figured that since you're South Australian, you'd go for the teams from there. But this is something I'm learning about AFL: unlike the NPC rugby in New Zealand, people don't go for the team from where they're from! I don't think I've ever met somebody who lives in Essendon and actually goes for Essendon, or in Carlton who actually goes for Carlton, etc.

And wow, surely Crows fans can't outdo Collingwood fans for being the shittiest in the AFL?
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:47 AM   #516
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,005
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04
hey all
talkin footy?
Hey Danny!

Yeah, the Maj. and I were talking about a course we have together at uni, so I figured I'd bring up footy so that Bonnie isn't excluded from the thread.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:47 AM   #517
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


See, I figured that since you're South Australian, you'd go for the teams from there. But this is something I'm learning about AFL: unlike the NPC rugby in New Zealand, people don't go for the team from where they're from! I don't think I've ever met somebody who lives in Essendon and actually goes for Essendon, or in Carlton who actually goes for Carlton, etc.

And wow, surely Crows fans can't outdo Collingwood fans for being the shittiest in the AFL?
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Nobody supports their local team for some reason.

When it comes to soccer, on the other hand... Completely different.
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #518
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04



Nto too much Bonnie yourself???


Looks like your boys will be right w/o judd n cousins... I don't think Judd will ever be as good again anyway...
Yeah, I'm just chilling with these Melbourne boys...


I hope we'll be alright, although the 2nd and 3rd quarters were shocking from us. We need to be able to pace our game better. Still it was a pretty good effort from most of us, and Kerr looks like he'll deal the damage yet again.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #519
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,019
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
Hey Dan, how's year 12 going?

Not too bad. The problem is that I haven't kicked into Yr 12 mode yet... were on holidays and im still only 'crusing' along. bit of a worry.


gday axver
__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:49 AM   #520
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic


Yeah, I've noticed that too. Nobody supports their local team for some reason.

When it comes to soccer, on the other hand... Completely different.
Yes, I'm not completely sure why that is. Sometimes it's simply influence from interstate family or friends. Or people want to be different. Or they just choose them because of the colours or mascot, and actually develop a genuine interest from there.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #521
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,005
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic


Ahhh nice. Someone who understands! Although I never really got into big-boat sailing - small-boat sailing is more suited for me, cause then you're only depending on yourself and not like 10 others to prevent the boat from capsizing...

Sailing is intense. But here, it is still regarded as a bit of a niche sport, as far as I've noticed.
I've only been sailing a few times myself. I'm a bit of a wuss on the water. It's good fun though and I'd like to go more often. What's Port Philip/anywhere else near Melbourne like for sailing? Wellington Harbour was always good fun.

I do hope you are familiar with the name Sir Peter Blake. Behind Sir Edmund Hillary and Julius Vogel, I consider him the greatest ever New Zealander. What a fucking incredible man.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #522
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04



Not too bad. The problem is that I haven't kicked into Yr 12 mode yet... were on holidays and im still only 'crusing' along. bit of a worry.


gday axver
Eh, the difficulty of year 12 is usually overrated, provided you actually do some work. What subjects are you doing? I've seen them posted somewhere, but can't remember, sorry.
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #523
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:15 PM
The few times I've sailed, I've loved it. Especially just on little boats with maybe one or two people. Awesome fun.

Though it's not at all a big thing here, as you may have gathered.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #524
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,019
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk


Yeah, I'm just chilling with these Melbourne boys...


I hope we'll be alright, although the 2nd and 3rd quarters were shocking from us. We need to be able to pace our game better. Still it was a pretty good effort from most of us, and Kerr looks like he'll deal the damage yet again.

sorry.

could help myself.

nah in all seriousness i think you guys looked alright actually, i have you in my eight. i dont know why everyone else thinks theyre going down the shitter.

Priddis

Whens Nicoski back??


And on the not supporting home town teams in the AFL... its a point I actually agree with inte on. It's because tradition has been lost... Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, etc all formerly had hoem grounds, but are now, apart from Geelong, all playing at either the MCG or Telstra Dome. There's no individuality.
__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #525
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


I've only been sailing a few times myself. I'm a bit of a wuss on the water. It's good fun though and I'd like to go more often. What's Port Philip/anywhere else near Melbourne like for sailing? Wellington Harbour was always good fun.

I do hope you are familiar with the name Sir Peter Blake. Behind Sir Edmund Hillary and Julius Vogel, I consider him the greatest ever New Zealander. What a fucking incredible man.
I have no idea who he is, my sailing has consisted of training and competition only, and a lot of it in Malaysia!

Port Philip is pretty decent to sail in, especially down Sandringham way, but for some reason they kept having our high school regattas down at the Docklands.

Yea, I shit you not, the DOCKLANDS.

Sailing seriously requires some guts though; when it's blowing 40 knots and you're in a tiny boat by yourself, well, it separates the boys from the men.
__________________

__________________
major_panic is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com