Bastard Township Superthread - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2008, 08:31 AM   #496
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

What a fuck-up. Ugh. Can you forward that e-mail onto my Gmail address? Thanks.
Email sent.

Also:

Quote:

1. Short essay (25%)

This shall include a summary and a critical review of any ONE selected reading from the list of ‘required’ readings provided in the course outline. Students can pick any reading of their choice. The reading selected must relate to the topics to be covered from week one to week four of the semester. A review of any reading from week six and to week ten will NOT be accepted for this assignment. The length of the essay should be between 900 and 1000 words. The essays are due at the end of the lecture on week four, i.e. 3 April, 2008. The short essays should be handed over in class after the lecture.
From the handbook or whatever.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:31 AM   #497
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:21 PM
Maj., thanks for forwarding that on to me. I'm going to get in touch with our tutor as I have his e-mail address and see if he can provide other topics. That one is kinda basic and sucky.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-24-2008, 08:33 AM   #498
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Maj., thanks for forwarding that on to me. I'm going to get in touch with our tutor as I have his e-mail address and see if he can provide other topics. That one is kinda basic and sucky.
Mind asking him for me, or passing his email address on to me as well? Because this is just Sucky McSuck-Suck.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:33 AM   #499
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:51 PM
Quote:

So let's talk about AFL teams we hate.

I think the following four are the pits: Collingwood, Carlton, Fremantle, and Sydney. You?
Whoever we're playing.

Mainly Crows, Port, Saints and Swans. Would hate Geelong because of our old rivalry with them, but I think they're a bunch of good blokes now.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:34 AM   #500
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

Mind asking him for me, or passing his email address on to me as well? Because this is just Sucky McSuck-Suck.
The plan was to forward his response on to you.

(Though I seem to remember him saying he was going on holiday up to QLD ... hopefully he'll still check his e-mails!)

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #501
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

So let's talk about AFL teams we hate.

I think the following four are the pits: Collingwood, Carlton, Fremantle, and Sydney. You?
I can't really get excited about AFL, however it's still better than American football. And it's a real man's sport.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #502
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

Whoever we're playing.

Mainly Crows, Port, Saints and Swans. Would hate Geelong because of our old rivalry with them, but I think they're a bunch of good blokes now.

Why the hate for both SA teams?

I actually felt positively towards the Saints and considered supporting them until they announced that they're moving their administrative headquarters to Frankston. Fuck those bogans.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #503
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

The plan was to forward his response on to you.

(Though I seem to remember him saying he was going on holiday up to QLD ... hopefully he'll still check his e-mails!)
WE'RE SCREWED. SRSLY.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:37 AM   #504
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I can't really get excited about AFL, however it's still better than American football. And it's a real man's sport.
American football isn't even a sport. It's a way to keep the functionally braindead amused with something that moves slowly enough for them to follow.

I enjoy AFL. It's not the centre of my sporting life, but it's fun to watch a handful of games each month.

Do you have a team you nominally support and/or hate, or anything like that? I mean, we do live in Melbourne.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #505
Vocal parasite

Quote:

WE'RE SCREWED. SRSLY.
Dude, worst that can happen is that we'll have two weeks to work on an essay of 1,000 words based solely on stuff in the reading pack. You can do that in a night. Don't worry yourself!

And our tutor's a fucking cool guy. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we could talk him into an extension.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #506
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

American football isn't even a sport. It's a way to keep the functionally braindead amused with something that moves slowly enough for them to follow.

I enjoy AFL. It's not the centre of my sporting life, but it's fun to watch a handful of games each month.

Do you have a team you nominally support and/or hate, or anything like that? I mean, we do live in Melbourne.
I honestly don't care at all. That being said, I don't care about sport at all unless it involves me personally, and those are usually niche sports. I'm special that way: sailing and martial arts were my main sports through high school.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:40 AM   #507
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Dude, worst that can happen is that we'll have two weeks to work on an essay of 1,000 words based solely on stuff in the reading pack. You can do that in a night. Don't worry yourself!

And our tutor's a fucking cool guy. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we could talk him into an extension.

Thank God for, well, stuff.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:41 AM   #508
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I honestly don't care at all. That being said, I don't care about sport at all unless it involves me personally, and those are usually niche sports. I'm special that way: sailing and martial arts were my main sports through high school.
Sailing, a niche sport? Psh, it's only just behind rugby and cricket for New Zealand. We're one of the best sailing countries in the world.

(Still heartbroken over last year's America's Cup. Ugh. ONE LOUSY FUCKING SECOND AND THINGS MAY HAVE BEEN SO TOTALLY DIFFERENT.)

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-24-2008, 08:42 AM   #509
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:51 PM
Quote:

Why the hate for both SA teams?

I actually felt positively towards the Saints and considered supporting them until they announced that they're moving their administrative headquarters to Frankston. Fuck those bogans.
I hate the SA teams because I live in SA and have to put up with them all the time. I'd have to say I hate Port less though, because at least their SANFL club has a strong history. The Crows are just corporate shit.

Also, Crows fans are THE bogans of the world. Very much arseholes, too. I know of cases in which Crows supporters would trash cars owned by supporters of the opposition that were parked outside Footy Park.

As for the Saints, eh... they just don't do anything for me. But I certainly don't hate them as much as the Crows.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:42 AM   #510
45:33

hey all
talkin footy?

Tags
superthread