Bastard Township Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:
poster20732397.jpg

Fucking excellent. Go post it.

Axver said:
I still can't believe that 7 Dias thing exists and is real.

Have you seen it? It was actually better than I thought it would be. Their portrayal of an obsessed U2 fan is scarily accurate (although just a smidge over the top, I hope no actual U2 fans pray to Saint Bono on a regular basis)

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Have you seen it? It was actually better than I thought it would be. Their portrayal of an obsessed U2 fan is scarily accurate (although just a smidge over the top, I hope no actual U2 fans pray to Saint Bono on a regular basis)

I haven't. I was too weirded out by the concept!

And we all know one U2 fan who prays to Saint Bono on a regular basis. Jamila.

major_panic said:
HOLY CRAP, there's water falling out of the sky, and loud noises. What's that called again?

Oh, the funky little ... storm, I believe it's called, has made its way to the southeast now?

Rather pissweak by Queensland standards, I must say.

Axver said:

Oh, the funky little ... storm, I believe it's called, has made its way to the southeast now?

Rather pissweak by Queensland standards, I must say.

Yeah, nothing compared to a tropical storm, but for here, that's pretty bloody good already.

Axver said:
And we all know one U2 fan who prays to Saint Bono on a regular basis. Jamila.
I didn't want to come right out and say that :lol:

But yeah, the concept of the movie turned out to not be exactly what I thought it would be. The main character is not even the big U2 fan in the movie. I mean, he acknowledges that they're big, but the main reason he wants to bring them to his town is in honour of his older brother, who was an independent concert promotor, and always wanted to get U2 there, but died before getting the chance.
It's actually the gangster guy's son that's the obsessed fan, but basically the whole movie is them trying to get investors and get the concert set up within the seven day limit. It was actually pretty interesting. More about concert promotion in general than about U2.

major_panic said:
Gee, it's quiet. Where'd everyone go?

I think I might have an early night tonight, horror of horrors.

I was thinking of doing some work.

Started on your Terrorism essay?

Axver said:

I was thinking of doing some work.

Started on your Terrorism essay?

When's it due? I tried to get the reader, they told me that they were out until after Easter. So I'm pretty screwed. Also, I have no idea what's due in when.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I didn't want to come right out and say that :lol:

But yeah, the concept of the movie turned out to not be exactly what I thought it would be. The main character is not even the big U2 fan in the movie. I mean, he acknowledges that they're big, but the main reason he wants to bring them to his town is in honour of his older brother, who was an independent concert promotor, and always wanted to get U2 there, but died before getting the chance.
It's actually the gangster guy's son that's the obsessed fan, but basically the whole movie is them trying to get investors and get the concert set up within the seven day limit. It was actually pretty interesting. More about concert promotion in general than about U2.

This is the postwhorehouse. We do come out and say that. :wink:

And huh, interesting. It still just seems really weird, making a movie about trying to get U2 to play your country, but the way you describe it makes it seem reasonable enough to possibly be watchable. Could be good for a laugh if nothing else ...

major_panic said:

When's it due? I tried to get the reader, they told me that they were out until after Easter. So I'm pretty screwed. Also, I have no idea what's due in when.

I believe it's due 14 April. And it's only a document exercise of 1,000 words.

major_panic said:

I'M FUCKED. SERIOUSLY.

Do you know what the topics are, and stuff?

Haven't checked. Was going to do that tonight! Let me know if you need to borrow my reader or copy anything from it or whatever. I believe there's a copy of it available in the library, actually.

Axver said:

Haven't checked. Was going to do that tonight! Let me know if you need to borrow my reader or copy anything from it or whatever. I believe there's a copy of it available in the library, actually.

Fair enough, where do we find out about topics? And don't worry, I'll get a reader and speedread through it Monday when uni resumes, but thanks for the offer!

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Okay, it's like 7 am. I should probably sleep.

It's been great here in Bastardland :up:

Night, Aussie-Kiwi-people (where it actually IS night) :wave:

:lol: G'night, DOL! :wave:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Okay, it's like 7 am. I should probably sleep.

It's been great here in Bastardland :up:

Night, Aussie-Kiwi-people (where it actually IS night) :wave:

See ya, have fun! :wave:

major_panic said:

Fair enough, where do we find out about topics? And don't worry, I'll get a reader and speedread through it Monday when uni resumes, but thanks for the offer!

Fucked if I know. Think it's in the reader actually. Let me check that now and get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom