Bastard Township Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

One of the lesser Dire Straits songs.

Sultans Of Swing is good, but Telegraph Road is where it's at.

Can you tell that I only know one Dire Straits song?

Another good song is April Sun in Cuba.

Varitek said:
wow maj and ax, bitter much?

You would be too if your university were slashing programmes and illogically restructuring degrees just to rake in a bit more cash.

I swear, it's going to be a financial flop - the import Asian students may go for it, but local students will abandon it and flock to Monash, RMIT, et al. People don't want this half-Americanised, vaguely Europeanised, totally fucked "Melbourne Model" degree. The Law, Education, etc. faculties are all going to fold. And it'll all be on Glyn Davis's head, the stupid moron. I cannot wait for him to resign.

major_panic said:

Can you tell that I only know one Dire Straits song?

Another good song is April Sun in Cuba.

LISTEN TO TELEGRAPH ROAD NOW.

Axver said:

You would be too if your university were slashing programmes and illogically restructuring degrees just to rake in a bit more cash.

I swear, it's going to be a financial flop - the import Asian students may go for it, but local students will abandon it and flock to Monash, RMIT, et al. People don't want this half-Americanised, vaguely Europeanised, totally fucked "Melbourne Model" degree. The Law, Education, etc. faculties are all going to fold. And it'll all be on Glyn Davis's head, the stupid moron. I cannot wait for him to resign.

I walked past him the other day at uni. I dearly wished that I'd had a weapon on me at the time.

major_panic said:

I walked past him the other day at uni. I dearly wished that I'd had a weapon on me at the time.

Wow, really? I've never seen him in person. Once saw him speaking to the National Press Club on the ABC though. Oh non-existent God, he is the worst public speaker I've ever seen. Remind me to imitate him when we catch up next week. He's like a fucking meerkat or something.

Axver said:
The sky's full of felines
It's a beautiful day

oh dear.

i still sometimes sing it "iodine in the sky" but at least that makes sense, stained sky...sorta.

and i still think it should be storm and not stone.

Varitek said:

oh dear.

i still sometimes sing it "iodine in the sky" but at least that makes sense, stained sky...sorta.

and i still think it should be storm and not stone.

:lol: I like "iodine in the sky", it's ... interesting imagery.

And I totally agree re: storm vs stone.

Axver said:

Wow, really? I've never seen him in person. Once saw him speaking to the National Press Club on the ABC though. Oh non-existent God, he is the worst public speaker I've ever seen. Remind me to imitate him when we catch up next week. He's like a fucking meerkat or something.

IMG_3686.jpg

May I just say I'm pissed that someone - was it Ian? - already used the "umbrella ella ella ey ey ey" joke for a demotivational poster? I can't think of anything else for a screenshot I've got of Bono with that US flag umbrella on Popmart.

Axver said:
May I just say I'm pissed that someone - was it Ian? - already used the "umbrella ella ella ey ey ey" joke for a demotivational poster? I can't think of anything else for a screenshot I've got of Bono with that US flag umbrella on Popmart.

Sorry

But i've managed to get away with re-captioning the same image, i'm sure you can get away with retrying the joke.

I presume you aren't going to make a Bono hearts The Edge and The Edge hearts Bono joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom