Basstrap, I have a question for you????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I have been meaning to ask you this for awhile, but who is the pic of in your signature??? and the previous one that you had, the one that said something like "turn away fromt he screen, etc" where did that come from ?????, hope you dont mind me asking you these things:)

OzAurora said:
I have been meaning to ask you this for awhile, but who is the pic of in your signature??? and the previous one that you had, the one that said something like "turn away fromt he screen, etc" where did that come from ?????, hope you dont mind me asking you these things:)

oops!!

sorry, didn't see this until just now!

yeah, its Elliott Smith there now...[plug]one of the best song writers of our time[/plug]

before
"turn your head away from the screen
it will tell you nothing more"

is a lyric by Jeff Buckley in "The Sky is a Landfill"

Now Jeff Buckley, God rest his soul, was indeed one of the top 5 song writers of the 90's and I would argue, of the 20th century...

but we won't go there...

Bass introduced me to Mr E Smith- the guys got taste :yes:

Thanks Bass- I think I will try and check out some of this Elliot Smith's work- I am always impressed with amazing signer/sognwriters and no need to go on about Jeff Buckley to me- you are talking to the converted here, he surely was wonderful, I didnt recognise that lyric though, I must admit that I only own a copy of Grace and am familiar with only the hits from Sketches, but anyway do you like his father's music- Greetings from LA is one of my all time fave albums and the song 'Sweet Surrender' is simply beautiful- it really does sum up the beauty and sadness of matters of the heart and listening to this song, you can see where Jeff got it from:)

I've only heard one song! :huh:

I REALLY need to check him out!!

thanks for the suggestion

Back
Top Bottom