Basslines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:

Pink Floyd - In The Flesh
The bassline is identical to the guitar riff, but it's awesome.

Pink Floyd - The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
The way Roger Waters and Nick Mason worked together on this one is great. Brilliant stuff.

Radiohead - Where I End And You Begin
The bass is the best part of the song.

Awesome selections!!! :rockon:

Where I End is carried entirely by that chilling bass! :combust:

And the Floyd is just classic!!! :drool:

How about...

Other Side - RHCP?

Zootlesque said:

Awesome selections!!! :rockon:

Where I End is carried entirely by that chilling bass! :combust:

And the Floyd is just classic!!! :drool:

How about...

Other Side - RHCP?

:sexywink:

Yeah, Otherside is good. That little bass solo at the end is very cool.

I have to add another Floyd song to the list that I didn't think of at first:

- One Of These Days

More bass players need to use delay with their bass.

Of course... One of These Days!!! the way it begins.. :drool:

And in the same vein... Sheep!

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland awayyyyyyyy!!!!!! :rockon:

GibsonGirl said:

:up:

Flea was crazy on the whole BSSM album. His bass playing, sadly, has been less prominent on their last two albums.

Eh, I don't know if that's such a bad thing. I like a lot of their lower-key/more relaxed songs, and besides, we wouldn't want him to wear out his wrists or anything :p Songs like Scar Tissue, Porcelain, or Tear make the lack of intense bass domination worthwhile I think. As far as new albums go, we haven't been left out in the cold, 'cause there's no denying how sweet Around The World, Get On Top, I Like Dirt, This Velvet Glove, By The Way, Can't Stop, Throw Away Your Television, and On Mercury are.

But, I conceed, BSSM surpasses both of the last albums in quantity of incredible basslines. It's easier to list basslines on BSSM that aren't striking than it is to list all the ones that are. Although I already mentioned Give it Away as one of my favourites; Funky Monks, Suck My Kiss, Righteous and the Wicked, Blood Sugar, Naked in the Rain, Apache Rose, and Sir Psycho are all awesome.

I couldn't fit all the RHCP songs with awesome basslines onto one cd if I wanted to, though... I'd run out of space for sure.

Catholic School Girls Rule is a classic, even if it is a little bit simplistic, it still rocks. I had nowhere else to add this comment so it's going on the end :shrug:

can't think of any actual basslines, so i'm going to take the normal punk rock route out and say OMG!!! aNyThInG matt freeman!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!

freeman does kick ass, and many a band has copied rancid's bass god. in fact, you can often tell a west coast band from an east coast band based on the bass because certain areas of CA produce punk bands whose bass players worship at the temple of matt moreso than GA, MA, NJ, etc.

Back
Top Bottom