Basement Jaxx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Any other fans of Basement Jaxx round these parts?

Someone I know bought their latest album, Kish Kash, didn't like it, and gave it to me. Mofo told me where he saw that it won a grammy the other day, and so this morning, I finally got around to listening to it.

The first two songs were good and what I was expecting, then it started to take a turn for the weird. I was just about to dismiss the album when I got to track 9. All was forgiven, and tracks 9 through 14 really converted me.

I was just listening to a song or two a few minutes ago, and I have to say, their music sounds like nothing else I've ever heard. And I've heard a lot of stuff!

I would already recommend it, and I'm planning to add at least one song to a mix I'm making. :wink: So yeah, if you're in the mood for something different and you see if for cheap, pick it up. :up:

I REALLY like 'Where's Your Head At' (though I'm sure others probably hate it). Great song/cool video.

I also really like 'Romeo', and that video is pretty sweet too. I've wanted the album that has those 2 on it for a while, and I wouldnt mind hearing something from Kish Kash too. (can I hint more?)

:up:

I think it is a travesty that Good Luck lost to Toxic by :censored: Britney Spears at the Grammy Awards. :mad:
Oh, and their Red Alert is excellent too! :up: (Ooh, baby! :drool: )

:D

I'm not surprised at all that the people who posted in here posted in here. :wink:

I definitely need to check out more of their stuff. *adds 'em to the list*

As far as dance music goes this album is pretty good. I didn't think the second half was noticeably better myself, but perhaps you were referring to the self-indulgent and lameass 'interlude' tracks littering the first half. Like the one with all that overwrought hissing about being 'everything and nothing in the Petri dish of the Creator'...I mean, WTF?!

I love them - Felix is so into what he does. When you see him on his decks he really goes for it. They're diverse, and I like that in a band, especially a dance group.

I love Basment Jaxx, I had tickets to see them a few years ago but had to give it away :(

yolland said:
As far as dance music goes this album is pretty good. I didn't think the second half was noticeably better myself, but perhaps you were referring to the self-indulgent and lameass 'interlude' tracks littering the first half. Like the one with all that overwrought hissing about being 'everything and nothing in the Petri dish of the Creator'...I mean, WTF?!

:lol:

Nah, I really do just like the songs of the second half better for whatever reason. The various whatever-ludes didn't bother me.

I'd like to see them live. And I really like Felix's singing on 'If I Ever Recover.'

Back
Top Bottom