Baseball talkings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holy John

Acrobat
Woaaa man, we've got beaten-up I3-2 by the White Suckx... Sox, sorry.

Why is there no topics about baseball ? Its not because Selig is the biggest sports ass-hole and that the players are babies only caring about money that we shouldn't talk about baseball.

What are your favorite uniforms, stadiums, experiences ?

My :

Favorite uniform : Indians when they play home, Dodgers at home or the Expos when they play outside Montr?al.

Worst : Old blue-powder Expos... psychedelic, but uncool without weed I guess. What's up with the Diamondbacks ? What's that logo ? A space movie ?

Coolest stadium : Dodger Stadium seems pretty cool.

Worst : I don't know..

Psychedelic : Olympic Stadium.. epsecially when the roof was removed.

Most weird experience : Go see an Expos game, smoked weed before it (you can smoke at Olympic Stadium and weed in Montr?al isn't big deal) and "All Along the Watchtower" played over the PA... all the Expos had to do was to put their 80s uniform and I would have suit the show... with Bill "spaceman" Lee kind of under weed as well like he always did and his long hair and beard, it would have been perfect.

Best experience : This year's opening game when everybody in the stadium shout "Loria sucks, Loria sucks" or "Selig sucks, Selig sucks", booing the Marlins (Loria's new team), the guy on the Marlin's roof with a sign "Loria Sucks" and throwing it into the pit... that was revolution man.

Other best experience : When the roof was opened on a sunny day and the Expos massacred the Dodgers :) and the whole I994 season.

Holy John said:
Worst : I don't know..

Old Tiger Stadium was terrible.

It must have held some record for obstructed-view seats.

The urinals in the men's room (each men's room had one huge public urinal, shaped like a trough) were disgusting.

Well, being here in Chicago, I try to get to Wrigley Field at least once a year. It really is a sports mecca, but there are quite a few inconveniences, including small seats, bathrooms only on the lower concourse, and the fact that finding parking is nearly impossible. Nonetheless, its a great atmosphere, and the crowd is always into the game.

Other that that, I really like the new-retro stadiums, among which I've seen Camden Yards (Baltimore) and Coors Field (Denver). Both are great places to watch a game as well.

The best uniforms ever have the be the rainbow-colored Astros uniforms from the 70s and 80s. Those were hilarious, and really unique. The uniforms nowadays seem to lack style. But I do like the simple yet stylish Mariners uniforms.

Being from Boston, I love the Red Sox and hate the Yankees. This might be our year (assuming the damn players don't strike). Fenway Park is a great park for it's history, however it needs to be replaced (but it won't, ownership doesn't have the $$$). I must say, however, that John Burkett's comments that he would intentionally skip the all-star game are disappointing. The all-star game is for the fans. If a player is chosen they should put aside whatever differences they are having with selig and play in the damn game. The fans made these guys rich, and they should at least acknolwedge it by participating in the game for the fans.

As I've got famaily in Chicago I'm a Cubs fan

I've not been yet but maybe I get across sometime this year
I'm also anti Yankees due to the fact loads of ppl over hear wear yankees beaseball caps and don't even know who they are. They remind of of a certian manchester football team who really hate

U2_IRELAND said:
I'm also anti Yankees due to the fact loads of ppl over hear wear yankees beaseball caps and don't even know who they are. They remind of of a certian manchester football team who really hate

Yeah, while I was in London a few weeks ago, I was really annoyed by the people who all seemed to have Yankees hats. I seriously felt like smacking em. But I'm glad that I also saw apparel from the LA Dodgers, Boston Red Sox, and Chicago Cubs.

But I am a Man U fan, though I actually watch the games and follow the team. I still don't like Pretty Boy Beckham though.

fly032 said:
I'm encouraged by the number of people who dislike the Yankees.:cool:

Nothing made me happier than seeing Roger SQUIRM at Fenway a few weeks ago, with everyone yelling "Rooooooooo-gggeerrrrr". I can't stand that traitor!!!!!

Boston Red Sox
1918 World Champions

I was kinda disappointed because Estes missed Clemen's behind on saturday:mac: how could you miss that back side? it's huge.:question:

Yes, but seeing him come up and hit a two-run blast off Clemens shortly thereafter helped to ease the pain.

I do have to admit that was pretty good. I thought it was pretty funny how he fell apart in that game.

I hate Roger Clemens so much.... so very much. It was awesome to see him fall apart that day. He seems to think he is the best pitcher ever or something. He has no class and is the biggest headhunter out there.

Back
Top Bottom