Baseball Returneths - The MLB Thread: Spring Training Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

cablevision just came to a deal with SNY yesterday... so it's gonna be on cablevision, time warner and comacst... DirecTV is likely to add it shortly, dish network is up in the air and unlikely, considering they chose not to air the YES network as well.

BASTARDS !!!!!!!!!

Cubs.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yes, we'll resurrect the Tim McCarverisms thread once Fox baseball starts up again.

Chizip said:
im worried about the Cardinals this year, theyve got some holes

surprisingly, im not that worried really. spivey might suck sure, but ponson has looked good (i can't believe i said that) and a platoon in left field should work for the time being. rolen is healthy, edmonds is ok and they still have pujols. carpenter and mulder have been fantastic this spring. just need a LF and another arm in the pen and I'll be pretty happy. the rest of the division is pretty brutal, houston i can't really see doing anything, the cubs...well...dusty baker manages them. that should prevent them from winning anything anytime soon.

StlElevation said:

surprisingly, im not that worried really. spivey might suck sure, but ponson has looked good (i can't believe i said that) and a platoon in left field should work for the time being. rolen is healthy, edmonds is ok and they still have pujols. carpenter and mulder have been fantastic this spring. just need a LF and another arm in the pen and I'll be pretty happy. the rest of the division is pretty brutal, houston i can't really see doing anything, the cubs...well...dusty baker manages them. that should prevent them from winning anything anytime soon.

im worried about rolen and his shoulder. he has shown no power this spring. he said the other day he felt fully healthy for the first time, but it would be nice to see him hit more than singles.

we dont have a legitimate second baseman or left fielder, i really dont like our right fielder and edmonds is another year older. and oh yeah, our top set up guy is brandon looper.

luckily the NL sucks. i see the Cardinals winning 90-93 games this year rather than 100-105.

bud selig is suuuuch a douche.

"i know feel we need to investiage those associated with balco"

helloooooooooooooooooooo. what are you investigating? we already know the answers!

i have a problem listening to a guy who turned a blind eye for years and now all of a sudden wants to investigate something that's already been investigated. just move on and shut up.

he turned a blind eye as did everyone else because after the strike, attendance was down and revenue plumeting etc. So everyone got juiced and the masses came flocking back and Bud and MLB reaped the benefits.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
bud selig is suuuuch a douche.

"i know feel we need to investiage those associated with balco"

that would be now, tim.

Back
Top Bottom