Baseball Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rafmed said:

This time the Yankee starters were weak, the relievers vulnerable, the defense atrocious, no clutch hitting... :(

And the Angels did what they needed and did it well, good luck.

Let's not forget the Angels had the best team batting average in the American League this season. And they were #2 in team ERA. And they were #2 in team defense. And they played in a much tougher division than the Yankees -- yet they still won 99 games.

In short, the Angels are a very good team -- it wasn't just a matter of the Yankees going into a 4 game slump this series.

I didn't mean to understimate the Angels victory or blame it only on Yankees failiures ;) yeah the Angels are a very good team, and beat the Yankees clearly.

Yeah, it sucks a lot. I really felt like this was the year for the Braves, since they had such a great bullpen and a good offense. It just wasn't meant to be. :(

Well, I guess at least its good that we have 4 final teams that haven't won in a while. This is shaping up to be the most exciting post-season in some time.

BRAVES FOREVER
braves.gif

Last edited:
Great, classic baseball game at the Metrodome last night. Twins and Angels battled it out with class and style. Lucky for me, my Twins won.

The icing on the cake. After the Angel's last batter struck out and the Twins won the game, the crowd went wild and the music was...

BEAUTIFUL DAY!

Last edited:
pub crawler said:
Those dang Twins. grrrrrrrr...... :mad:

Exactly...watch out in Game 2 though...a split there would be great, coming back to Anaheim tied at 1 apiece, a chance to get a couple at home and put some pressure on the Twins.

Another great ALCS game last night. Both teams have class.

Great relief pitching by the Angels held off a Twins rally.

Wish I could have been there.

This will be an interesting series and could easily go to 7 games.

It's all square now...

It's gonna be crazy in Anaheim!!!...Game 3 is pivotal...Milton and Radke are excellent pitchers, and to go down in the series 2-1 and have to face what most would consider the ace of the Twins staff would be extremely tough...the last two games have been intense, hopefully our bats will come to life again and Washburn can have a great performance...

GO ANGELS!!

Back
Top Bottom