Baseball and Softball cut from 2012 olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I definitely see baseball as being a world sport - Japan, Columbia, Cuba, all the Latin American countries... Didn't Australia field a competitive team, if not a medal winner, when they hosted?

i could see dropping softball, and i guess if you drop softball you have to drop baseball because of the gender issues.

so thats a little sad

damnit, i copied the first part of that post from a sports forum i read, next time ill proof read it :banghead:

Chizip said:
I definitely see baseball as being a world sport - Japan, Columbia, Cuba, all the Latin American countries... Didn't Australia field a competitive team, if not a medal winner, when they hosted?

i could see dropping softball, and i guess if you drop softball you have to drop baseball because of the gender issues.

so thats a little sad

Does anyone from Europe even field a team?

Chizip said:
italy, the netherlands, and greece were all at athens

True, but Greece was populated with Greek-Americans and only qualified by being the host country.

How did America not qualify? :ohmy:
I didn't even realise we had a team, let alone one who had medal potential. I dont think even the media mentioned it. Or maybe they did because it was something to gloat over.
It seems to be viewed as a sport you guys excel at, and are the main players of.

i think Australia ended up with the silver medal in Athens

the reason USA didnt qualify is because the qualifying process was a joke. They went 3-1 in qualifications, but for some reason because they lost one game that means they didn't make it. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom