Bar, Montenegro Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So something happened when I was at a bottle shop today, I bought a carton of Lowenbrau which was no problem (though I wanted to get a carton much cheaper than $40, which could have been done so elsewhere) but I also got this 700ml of black sambucca. I picked it up because the price underneath it was $30, which isn't a bad price at all, so I thought I'd take advantage of it. So yeah, went to the counter, bought the beers and then it turned out the bottle was actually misplaced, it was where the 500ml should have been, and it was really $43. I was all, don't bother then, that's okay but as it turned out one of the guys at the counter said they'd give it to me for what I thought it was initially. So I don't know how I feel about that, I got it but I didn't deserve it and I don't know if I should feel like an arsehole because of it, it wasn't really my fault but was it lame of me to accept the deal?

The sambucca is quite nice, doesn't become ultramarine when diluted, hint of lemon. Thinking of making a drink with it to compliment some absinthe, to further the anise taste and perhaps dilute the harshness of the fairy.

You spelt it right but it's funny cos I never use it. :lol:

How you doin' on this fine friday? :drool:

:lol: Yeah, I figured since you're in the states you probably wouldn't need to!

I'm good, uh my footy team lost, but I'm just sitting here drinking and chilling. Watched some Henry Rollins spoken word stuff before, which I think can get me banned from this forum.

Haha Rollins spoken word? I've heard some of it. One of my old roommates is a big fan. But I was never too much into his style.

Your football (soccer?) team as in AUS? :shifty: And what tournament is this?

I've been in the US for years now so I don't use namaste, correct. Also, it's just not my language. There are several languages in India. :crack:

Haha Rollins spoken word? I've heard some of it. One of my old roommates is a big fan. But I was never too much into his style.

Your football (soccer?) team as in AUS? :shifty: And what tournament is this?

I've been in the US for years now so I don't use namaste, correct. Also, it's just not my language. There are several languages in India. :crack:

Oh, really? I never listened to much but I used to read a lot of his poetry back in high school. I know a lot of people who are bigger fans than me, though - I never really considered myself a fan of him, so to speak.

Nah, not soccer, Australian Rules Football (Season 2008 - Official Website of the Australian Football League) :). I'm a West Coast Eagles supporter. We're doing shoddy this year, but we were a force in the last few years, just a lot of controversy surrounded us (our former captain was a coke and ice addict), some of our best players retired, our captain switched teams... so yeah, has been pretty tough. But it's good to see such a young team playing against so many professionals with determination, regardless of sport.

That's sort of what I figured, and yeah, I'm perfectly aware that Hindi isn't the only Indian language, but I was just taking a guess, hope you didn't mind. :) Also I'm kind of in a mellow stage right now.

For the record, I can't stand any of Coldplay's earlier stuff, but I actually quite like Viva La Vida (as in the single). Violet Hill on the other hand, is just pure crap.

That's sort of what I figured, and yeah, I'm perfectly aware that Hindi isn't the only Indian language, but I was just taking a guess, hope you didn't mind. :) Also I'm kind of in a mellow stage right now.

Oh I don't mind at all. :)

Aussie football eh? Cool! I've seen a little bit here and there on TV but that's about it. I particularly remember the referee making a funny sign with his hands every time a goal is scored. :lol: :reject:

Oh I don't mind at all. :)

Aussie football eh? Cool! I've seen a little bit here and there on TV but that's about it. I particularly remember the referee making a funny sign with his hands every time a goal is scored. :lol: :reject:

Oh, good.

They show it over there sometimes, then? I know there are a few American leagues. Yeah, the goal umpires tend to be remembered by a lot of international viewers, especially when some of them are dressed in white, have rather large hats and do the double-point gesture for a goal. I can't really imagine it being weird, but I guess it is to everyone outside of Australia. :lol:

Yeah, the goal umpires tend to be remembered by a lot of international viewers, especially when some of them are dressed in white, have rather large hats and do the double-point gesture for a goal. I can't really imagine it being weird, but I guess it is to everyone outside of Australia. :lol:

Haha that's cool though. It's something that stands out as interesting to me. So they call them umpires huh? like Cricket! Yeah they do show games here sometimes. Come to think of it, I haven't watched Cricket in so long! I'm starting to miss it a bit even though Football (Soccer) will be my eternal favorite.

Haha that's cool though. It's something that stands out as interesting to me. So they call them umpires huh? like Cricket! Yeah they do show games here sometimes. Come to think of it, I haven't watched Cricket in so long! I'm starting to miss it a bit even though Football (Soccer) will be my eternal favorite.

Oh yeah, it's sort of a novelty for people that haven't watched it for long, so I can see why it'd stand out! Yeah, they're umpires here, as in Cricket - though unlike other Aussies here, I'm not a big cricket fan. I remember getting into the Ashes a couple years ago but after it ended I forgot all the rules again! Same with soccer/football - obviously it's easier to understand, but I don't watch it as much as I'd like to. Fun to play, though. :)

Haha I used to be crazy about that show :shifty: back in the late 80s I guess... or early 90s when it was still Jim, Helen, Max, Madge, Paul, Scott, Charlene, Shane, Desmond, Daphne, Clive etc. that whole group! And... Mrs. Mangel. :lol:

I'm afraid that I have no idea what you're talking about, Zoots! :lol: I never got into the show, soaps weren't/aren't my thing. Probably watched some Home & Away in the mid nineties, but that's it.

Is there any equivalent to it over in the US?

:hmm: Probably The Bold & The Beautiful or Santa Barbara although one of them (or maybe both? no idea!) is all done. I used to watch some Bold & Beaut too at the time I was watching Neighbours. :reject: Never got into Home & Away but they did show it in India where I was still living at the time. But I have to say, Neighbours did give me an insight (however incorrect the representation may or may not be) into daily life in Australia and I've been curious about visiting the place ever since! :drool:

Oh yes, we had (and probably still have) The Bold and the Beautiful. Again, surprised non-Aussies know about Home and Away - it's one of those things that I think would be better off stuck here without tainting other countries. :wink: Can't remember how accurate Neighbours was depicting typical Australian suburban life, I'd bet at least to some extent, though of course it's changed since the early nineties.

And you're most welcome here - come around when U2 are over next time, for sure. :up: (of course that could be in like a trillion years)

It's a Friday night over here, so at a guess I'd say a few regulars are doing social stuff. Ax tends to gather with a few mates on Fridays, get takeaway pizza and drink copious amounts of alcohol, that sort of good stuff. I stayed in to watch the football and now I can't decide when I want to go to sleep!

Neighbours has sucked since Kylie left. Oh Craig MacLachlan had his moments.

I never ever have watched Home And Away. I am proud of that.

Also I am doing the 11pm-7am shift for the next week and am so fucking tired I have no idea whats going on. We just watched a russian bootleg of 'Kung Fu Panda' because it is so quiet here. I loved it. Jack Black + cyrillic subtitles = educational madness.

Das vedanya.

I need some sleep. Or an ekky. 2 and three quarter hours to go! Yay! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom