Bar, Montenegro Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got finished ushering the senior graduation at my high school.

Only five days left for us underclassmen.

(Did someone say unreleased Springsteen stuff?)

The setlist for the show I saw in Philly on October 6th (3rd show of the tour):

01 Intro Music
02 Night
03 Radio Nowhere
04 Prove It All Night
05 Gypsy Biker
06 Intro
07 Magic
08 Reason To Believe
09 The Ties That Bind
10 She’s The One
11 Livin' In The Future
12 The Promised Land
13 Town Called Heartbreak (Patti)
14 Incident On 57th Street
15 Cadillac Ranch
16 Devil's Arcade
17 The Rising
18 Last to Die
19 Long Walk Home
20 Badlands

21 Foodbank Intro
22 Girls In Their Summer Clothes
23 Thundercrack
24 Born To Run
25 Dancing In The Dark
26 American Land

There were a couple of surprises that night. Reading the few setlists that had rolled in, I was expecting Radio Nowhere as the opener and Waitin' on a Sunny Day in the encore. Instead, Night opened and they played Dancin' in the Dark. I dug it.

I'm going to download the boot of that show. There are a few songs that I didn't know then that I know now, so now I can fully appreciate them.

Have you ever woke up singing a song? I did that yesterday with Because The Night of all songs, I haven't even heard that in weeks.

Still troubling myself with the song to play next week. I want it to be, first and foremost, a song I like and can perform. I would however like it to be something others would enjoy.

I think the favorite as of right now is "Wish You Were Here."

It's relatively simple, everyone knows it, and I can sing it pretty easily. I do a decent Gilmour vocal, actually.

If they give me two songs (I hope they do) I might do something a little less known first, maybe The Past Recedes by John Frusciante.

:wave: Hi, guys. Sorry I haven't postwhored in ages. I had a friend over for the weekend, and then the video card in my computer started acting up, and then I got a cold, and yeah... :angry: Not been a great couple of days.

Last day of school is tomorrow though! :hyper:

Yeah, I wouldn't abandon you guys. I just didn't want to post in here whilst in the haze I've been in the past couple of days.

I'm sure it would've been more coherent than Kim's drunkposting yesterday! :lol:

Hope you're feeling better now.

Hey Kim, did you see my posts about the Tina Transvesturner video yesterday? You were pretty much passing out when I got around to watching it.

I'm sure it would've been more coherent than Kim's drunkposting yesterday! :lol:

Hope you're feeling better now.

I wasn't entirely sure where I was for a while there, but I'm sure I could've kept a facade of literacy going.

I feel much better, thank you. Still have a light cough and am a bit lightheaded though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom