Bar, Montenegro Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ljubljana has got to be one of the coolest capital city names ever.

well i just bought 2 ipod games to keep me busy, and i've also got TONS of u2 interviews downloaded from youtube plus some family guy and firefly.

no direct flights to bosnia from the us. only from europe, istanbul...

i'm going frankfurt-ljubljana-sarajevo. the last 2 flights are about 1 hour each with about 1.5 hour in between. all told only about 12.5 hours travel time if it goes according to schedule.

Long day.

But it will be worth it. Have you been to Europe before? You'll be fairly close to Greece...

All right people, I have an exam tomorrow, so I'm off.

See you all later! :wave:

Vari, take care of yourself, and God bless you (whether you believe in him or not) on your journeys! Hope you have an awesome time and that we get to see you round still!

Long day.

But it will be worth it. Have you been to Europe before? You'll be fairly close to Greece...

yeah 3 vacations and spent the semester living in vienna junior fall. i've been to bosnia before too, on my week off in vienna. tempted by greece but may save it for a trip from switzerland later on. but i have 8 weeks of backpacking...shit i should have cut greece out of my lonely planet with the rest of the balkans. i should do that. i'm gonna wing it as far as itinerary is concerned, i'm definitely hitting up serbia, montenegro, albania, kosovo, and probably dubrovnik in croatia (been to split) and depending on time and money, may do macedonia and greece, or bulgaria and romania, or just head to vienna.

yeah 3 vacations and spent the semester living in vienna junior fall. i've been to bosnia before too, on my week off in vienna. tempted by greece but may save it for a trip from switzerland later on. but i have 8 weeks of backpacking...shit i should have cut greece out of my lonely planet with the rest of the balkans. i should do that. i'm gonna wing it as far as itinerary is concerned, i'm definitely hitting up serbia, montenegro, albania, kosovo, and probably dubrovnik in croatia (been to split) and depending on time and money, may do macedonia and greece, or bulgaria and romania, or just head to vienna.

Well, whichever way you go, that's gonna be one hell of a stay over there. Enjoy every minute of it.

I'm just glad Vazza's not going to Azerbaijan as well, or I would have already died of jealousy.

Oh, because you're already going to all these awesome places I want to visit, and I have a particular fascination with Azerbaijan. I'd go far too green with envy.

hahaha. well it's not on the agenda for this trip. at some point i'd like to backpack the middle east into the jan/stans but i probably need a man. unfortunately.

hahaha. well it's not on the agenda for this trip. at some point i'd like to backpack the middle east into the jan/stans but i probably need a man. unfortunately.

I've been fascinated with the broader Caucasus region since I was about 11. Azerbaijan has been my main focus, but I'd dearly love to also visit Armenia, Georgia, and perhaps at a more peaceful and hopefully more independent time, Chechnya-Ingushetia and surrounding parts of Russia.

I can say I've been to a Georgia, but unfortunately the wrong one!

I'm trying to be productive and do uni bullshit. At least what I'm writing is approaching half-done.

My tasks for the next 12 days:
Historical Society booklet and associated work: almost half-done.
Terrorism essay: a fifth done, written off the top of my head an hour ago. :laugh:
Exam on 23/06: not even going to think about it until the 20th!

The next week is going to be so fucking boring, just writing these essays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom