Bar, Montenegro Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd suggest a walk around the block, but it's probably already 130 degrees there

oh it's actually a pleasant 77 now, we've had a cool front (or cool change as you folk call them). high of 87. i posted that pic last night where my weatherfox said "colder, 87."

(Post)whorehouse meadow?

maybe a rule about using parenthesis to denote changes...it was fun at the very beginning to spot the alteration on the list but now it's just hard to see a new one amidst all the chaos.

Well, since Whorehouse Meadow was essentially Postwhorehouse Meadow all along, I'd say it can be the exception to any rule.

Not sure brackets would work, since some of the changes involve altering the word itself.

:lol: I've no idea what you're talking about there, though.

Oh, hey, I wonder if U-Wen wants to come to the Medieval manuscripts exhibition at the State Library tomorrow evening! U-Wen, you free around 6pm tomorrow?

I have an exam till 4.15, but otherwise, yes, I might be. I'll let you know tomorrow, sounds good though!

poster81997956.jpg

lol thanks. i am excited, but still a bit of work to do.

what are the new plates...and why did you have to evacuate?!

Basically, red P plates for your first year on a probationary driving licence, then green Ps for the next two years, until you get your full licence. There are extra restrictions for the red Ps, on top of the old normal restrictions for all probationary drivers... stuff about how many passengers you can carry of a certain age, not driving high powered vehicles, something about installing some gadget in your car if you drink drive? Not sure what that was about.

Graduated Licensing System | Helping young drivers be safer drivers - Home

We got a fake bomb threat at work today... I stood around for 2.5 hours while they searched the building, but it was a hoax. No shock there, I'm sure our building's not a likely target for a serious bomber. It was nice to not work for a while, but fairly tedious and an enormous waste of time from the company's veiwpoint. :wink:

I had that theory about staying awake and sleeping on the plane... I hope it works better for you than it did for me. :crack:

oh it's actually a pleasant 77 now, we've had a cool front (or cool change as you folk call them). high of 87. i posted that pic last night where my weatherfox said "colder, 87."

Well, a cool change tends to refer to a specific phenomenon of the temperature changing suddenly and dramatically. Like it being 40C at 10:30am and 25C at midday.

I still remember when the major cool change rolled in during March as one of the most blissful moments of the year. Suddenly, all the oppressive heat was gone and a nice, cold breeze was blowing through my window. :drool:

lol thanks. i am excited, but still a bit of work to do.

what are the new plates...and why did you have to evacuate?!

Well, here when you first pass your driving licence, you're on a probationary licence, so you get a P plate (literally, a piece of cardboard / whatever with P on it) to put on your car to show everyone that you're a noob.

It used to be that there was just one P plate, a red one, that lasted 3 years (the length of the probationary period) but now there's a red one that lasts one year, then a green one that lasts 2.

As Ali said, the red has more restrictions now.

dude, there is a 3 storey portrait of bill clinton in kosovo....i wonder if i could pose from a distance picking its nose. see this is where traveling alone has setbacks.

dude, there is a 3 storey portrait of bill clinton in kosovo....i wonder if i could pose from a distance picking its nose. see this is where traveling alone has setbacks.

Hahaha, that's hilarious.

I hope somebody's taken George Bush to view that portrait.

Get a photo of yourself sig heiling it or something, haha.

Basically, red P plates for your first year on a probationary driving licence, then green Ps for the next two years, until you get your full licence. There are extra restrictions for the red Ps, on top of the old normal restrictions for all probationary drivers... stuff about how many passengers you can carry of a certain age, not driving high powered vehicles, something about installing some gadget in your car if you drink drive? Not sure what that was about.

Graduated Licensing System | Helping young drivers be safer drivers - Home

We got a fake bomb threat at work today... I stood around for 2.5 hours while they searched the building, but it was a hoax. No shock there, I'm sure our building's not a likely target for a serious bomber. It was nice to not work for a while, but fairly tedious and an enormous waste of time from the company's veiwpoint. :wink:

I had that theory about staying awake and sleeping on the plane... I hope it works better for you than it did for me. :crack:

so what about if you're using someone else's car? here everyone has the same plates, except vanity plates and plates with special designs for charity, and then your license indicates your restrictions, whihc only exist for 6 months and then there's some under 18 ones.

wow. crazy.

i am planning to eat at home, too, so i won't even need food. problem is i booked the flight rather late so i got a shit seat (aka not window) so i'd be disturbed at mealtime anyway. i'm getting to the airport super early in hopes of changing to a window. i fucking hate aisles.

Oh, three years on the green Ps now? Whoops... I thought they were copying the NSW model exactly, I guess they had to make it look like they came up with some of the idea themselves. :lol:

so what about if you're using someone else's car? here everyone has the same plates, except vanity plates and plates with special designs for charity, and then your license indicates your restrictions, whihc only exist for 6 months and then there's some under 18 ones.

wow. crazy.

i am planning to eat at home, too, so i won't even need food. problem is i booked the flight rather late so i got a shit seat (aka not window) so i'd be disturbed at mealtime anyway. i'm getting to the airport super early in hopes of changing to a window. i fucking hate aisles.

It's not actually a licence plate, just like this:

r228391_909060.jpg

Hope you get to change to a window, I hate having random people walk all over me to get to the toilet or whatever too.

Oh, three years on the green Ps now? Whoops... I thought they were copying the NSW model exactly, I guess they had to make it look like they came up with some of the idea themselves. :lol:

I think the NSW model is green first, then red, which is probably why the red is for noobs and the green not. I'm probably wrong though, I don't know much about NSW and I'm very glad for that.

Whoops, I forgot to explain what P plates actually were... and I think Maj. did that for me just then. :D

They're separate to your number plate, and you can stick them in the windows (or onto the car's boot/bonnet/trunk/hood if you get the magnetic ones. Except if you have the magnetic ones, don't leave them on all summer cos they won't come off again without leaving bits of plastic magnet stuck to your car).

Hope you get to change to a window, I hate having random people walk all over me to get to the toilet or whatever too.

See, I insist on an aisle seat unless I know all the people between me and the aisle. I don't like disturbing other people if I need to get up.

Whoops, I forgot to explain what P plates actually were... and I think Maj. did that for me just then. :D

They're separate to your number plate, and you can stick them in the windows (or onto the car's boot/bonnet/trunk/hood if you get the magnetic ones. Except if you have the magnetic ones, don't leave them on all summer cos they won't come off again without leaving bits of plastic magnet stuck to your car).

It's basically a way to broadcast "HEY PEOPLE, I'M A NOOB SO I MIGHT CRASH LOL!" to everyone in a not-so-obvious manner.

I think the NSW model is green first, then red, which is probably why the red is for noobs and the green not. I'm probably wrong though, I don't know much about NSW and I'm very glad for that.

I got my licence in Canberra, which has different rules to NSW, but I checked NSW rules cos I wasn't sure if I was supposed to abide by them while driving through there or not. Red P platers in NSW are limited to 90kph... which took me a bit longer driving home one Christmas, but I got great fuel efficiency! :up:

It's not actually a licence plate, just like this:

r228391_909060.jpg

ah, so you just have to cart it around.

definitely would get in the way of actually sleeping. though i think i'm in the middle block so if i'm passed out they can go the other way. but still. ugh. :fingerscrossed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom