Bangkok, Thailand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's halftime, so I'm here. Missed most of the second quarter, though. Ripper of a game though - hopefully the Cats hold on. I was getting caught up reading about Leonard Peltier, though. As one does.

It's halftime, so I'm here. Missed most of the second quarter, though. Ripper of a game though - hopefully the Cats hold on. I was getting caught up reading about Leonard Peltier, though. As one does.

:lol: I thought you'd be hooked on the game. Hawks were fucking lucky not to get totally monstered in that second quarter. I imagine they're going to tire, so right now I expect the Cats to win by about 30.

Thank god it's a contest.

What the hell, Geelong! What's with all the behinds? Getting Buddyfranklinitis?

Come the fuck on, Catters! :rant:

You boys better lift during the last quarter, or Bomber Thompson will probably get upset!

Holy shit, I can't believe how the Hawks turned it on in that third quarter! They looked for all the world like they were going to tire. :ohmy:

Wow, they've crammed 100,012 people into the MCG. :ohmy:

I thought it had permanently had its capacity reduced to just under six digits!

The Warriors play later this evening ... think kick-off's in about three hours.

Aussie Rules grand final on right now, only about ten minutes to go.

Three hours? Damn, no way I can wait that long, I guess I'll just find out how they did tomorrow.

Three hours? Damn, no way I can wait that long, I guess I'll just find out how they did tomorrow.

Yeah, it's an evening game. What, are you desperately hoping the Warriors win as a harbinger for your baseball fortunes? :wink:

:laugh:

What stage are you guys at now?

The playoffs are three rounds:
There are two leagues in baseball, American League, and National League, Cubs are National League.

The First step (which we're still waiting for, because regular season play still hasn't ended, we clinched a playoff spot pretty early) is the National League Divisional Series, NLDS, two series between the best teams of the three divisions of the national league (West, Central, East) and one wild card team (the best second place team). The series is a best of five. The winner of those two series face each other in the championship series, NLCS, which is one seven game series, the winner of which goes on to the world Series, which is the best NL team vs the best AL team, and is seven games.

Does that make sense? I'm pretty drunk.

The playoffs are three rounds:
There are two leagues in baseball, American League, and National League, Cubs are National League.

The First step (which we're still waiting for, because regular season play still hasn't ended, we clinched a playoff spot pretty early) is the National League Divisional Series, NLDS, two series between the best teams of the three divisions of the national league (West, Central, East) and one wild card team (the best second place team). The series is a best of five. The winner of those two series face each other in the championship series, NLCS, which is one seven game series, the winner of which goes on to the world Series, which is the best NL team vs the best AL team, and is seven games.

Does that make sense? I'm pretty drunk.

I ... think I followed that. A second reading helped. :lol:

So does this NLDS start soon then?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. THE CATTERS LOST!

Hawthorn Hawks 18.11 115
Geelong Cats 11.23 89

One of only two games they've lost this season! If I remember what the commentators said, they've only lost 3 of their last 45 games, including that one.

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Bonnie, explain this to me. How can the Cats ... lose? You see, I haven't been following AFL that long and I thought one of the rules was that the Cats have to win.

:wink:

God, Hawthorn just totally shut them out in that third quarter.

I've got to say, that Hawks player with the long brown hair who looks like a caveman looked fucking HILARIOUS in the final quarter with those bandages wrapped right around his whole head. Every time he appeared on screen, I just about cracked up. As if he didn't look hilarious in the first place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom