Bangaluru Bangers Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We totally need to have a Bangkok thread. Not only is it a funny city name in and of itself, but check out its full ceremonial name!

Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Yuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit.

My sister's been to that Welsh place. She spelt it out for me over the phone and I was writing for like a minute.

Also Axver's right, I'm pretty sure the longest name is like 80 characters and it's one hundo Kiwi.

The Kiwi hill is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu. :drool:

Axver said:
We totally need to have a Bangkok thread. Not only is it a funny city name in and of itself, but check out its full ceremonial name!

Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Yuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit.

GTFO! :lmao:

Axver said:

What little i know about Thai naming practices, that isn't a pure city.

coolian2 said:
Thanks for those songs Ax. Interesting, at the very least.

Personally, I'm rather fond of Bottoms. Plus, come on, Watashitachi No Ookina Yume is a great title.

Axver said:
:lol: Love it... *rightclicksave*

It probably cancels out the health benefits of super lite no-fat crispbread if you put half an inch of cream cheese on it, doesn't it....

If Wikipedia is to be believed, that full ceremonial name of Bangkok means "The city of angels, the great city, the eternal jewel city, the impregnable city of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukam".

Alisaura said:

:lol: Love it... *rightclicksave*

It probably cancels out the health benefits of super lite no-fat crispbread if you put half an inch of cream cheese on it, doesn't it....

sadly yes . :lol: but as if you eat that cardboard without any topping .

Alisaura said:

This is why I don't waste my time on super lite no-fat anything. :wink:

Axver said:

Holy crap! :bow:

And was that Kiwi place in the poll in the Lodgepole thread?

Hi SadPunk :wave:

And Melissa! :wave:

liamcool said:
I'm baaaack.

You need to stop making Jen wait so much. You can savagely brutalise a potato any time you want.

And are you going to hurry up and get 2,000 posts today or what?

Alisaura said:
And was that Kiwi place in the poll in the Lodgepole thread?

That was the one!

Personally, I've been near it, but never actually been to it. Will have to rectify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom