Bangaluru Bangers Superthread - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2008, 08:43 AM   #571
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:39 AM
Do U2 tribute bands do drugs?

Old 02-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #572
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

The Aussie U2 Show is playing on the 17th, which is a Monday ... we decided it probably wouldn't be the best gig to attend. I think we're looking ahead to seeing them in May, and just doing our own quieter Saint Paddy's Day meet-up sometime over the weekend of the 15th/16th.
May... awesome. Nice and far ahead!

St Patrick's Day, eh? Interesting, I must plan ahead on this one. Let's sit around rocking out to U2...

Old 02-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #573
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

At least it will be warm.

Unlike this February.

Welcome to March, by the way!
Thank fuck it's March. February can go burn in some godforsaken non-existent hell.

I did love its weather though. Nice and cool for the most part. That's why I left Queensland and came here. I often wonder if hell is just a fictionalised account of life in Queensland.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #574
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Their bass players do, then kick the habit and dye their hair silver...
Old 02-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #575
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Fuck, Saddo. That was great.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #576
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Thank fuck it's March. February can go burn in some godforsaken non-existent hell.

I did love its weather though. Nice and cool for the most part. That's why I left Queensland and came here. I often wonder if hell is just a fictionalised account of life in Queensland.
You've not been to Asia recently, have you?

Although, it is dry here, whereas it's humid in Asia.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:49 AM   #577
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
I had wondered where all the Aussies had disappeared too...

I'm a believer in Jesus by the way, but agnosticism FTW if it's what works for you!
I suspect you and I could have some good theological discussions. Ever read Søren Kierkegaard or Paul Tillich by any chance? The uni library has some of both. I read Tillich's Dynamics Of Faith last year and his take on things is very interesting. It's a kind of theism I quite respect.

Quote:
Yeah, some of the people out there need to get a tablespoon of common sense into their religion cake... or muffins, which are more appropriate to this thread
Good one.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #578
Vocal parasite

Quote:
You've not been to Asia recently, have you?

Although, it is dry here, whereas it's humid in Asia.
I've not been to Asia ever.

I would especially love to visit the former Soviet republics in Central Asia. They sound absolutely fascinating. Though some of the living standards and politics sound fairly hellish.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #579
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I suspect you and I could have some good theological discussions. Ever read Søren Kierkegaard or Paul Tillich by any chance? The uni library has some of both. I read Tillich's Dynamics Of Faith last year and his take on things is very interesting. It's a kind of theism I quite respect.
Gotta look them up and add them to my reading pile. You already know I'm doing theology at the College of Divinity, but I don't proselytise actively because it's just annoying to everyone else. You have the right to make up your own mind, and if Christianity isn't for you, then all power to you with finding something that works.

Yeah I'm a bad Christian when compared to a lot of evangelicals - I actually think ethics, morals and rights are more important than religious beliefs.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:53 AM   #580
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I would especially love to visit the former Soviet republics in Central Asia.
Hell yes. Kazakhstan is one of my must-go-to places.

I have recently been fascinated with spending some time in Turkey, too. Pre-Petra mountain carved buildings? Underground ancient Christian cities? Pide? It's all good there!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:53 AM   #581
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I have recently been fascinated with spending some time in Turkey, too. Pre-Petra mountain carved buildings? Underground ancient Christian cities? Pide? It's all good there!
Pide

I'd love to go to Constantinople, I mean, Istanbul
Old 02-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #582
Blue Crack Addict

You mean Byzantium.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #583
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
You mean Byzantium.

Also, China'd be good to go to this year. See the Wall, the Shaolin Temple, the Forbidden Palace... eat real Chinese food and get food poisoning...

Somehow being Chinese just isn't enough, you've gotta be there and experience it just once.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #584
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Gotta look them up and add them to my reading pile. You already know I'm doing theology at the College of Divinity, but I don't proselytise actively because it's just annoying to everyone else. You have the right to make up your own mind, and if Christianity isn't for you, then all power to you with finding something that works.

Yeah I'm a bad Christian when compared to a lot of evangelicals - I actually think ethics, morals and rights are more important than religious beliefs.
I would dearly love to do some theology myself. I'm particularly interested in its socio-political role, and some of my historical research has been conducted into the role of the Reformation in the creation of the present day international political order. I've also done a bit of more purely historical work on Calvin's Geneva.

I never liked proselytisation either, when I was religious. It's a deeply personal thing, I think, and I always kept my religion to myself. If people wanted to know about it, they could ask me. I run a similar policy with my agnosticism. And I've always made jokes about religion that would get me kicked out of most churches.

And evangelicals ... well, they aren't my favourite people, let's just put it that way. I have an almost morbid fascination with extreme fundamentalism, though. It's like a car crash in theological form - hard to look away.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #585
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I want to go to Kyrgyzstan just for its incredible name. I have also been fascinated with Azerbaijan for years and years, though that's in the Caucasus rather than Central Asia. The entire Caucasus area just sounds fantastic. I read Mikhail Lermontov's A Hero Of Our Time solely on the basis that I heard it had amazing descriptions of scenery in the Caucasus.

Turkey for the win too.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread