Bangaluru Bangers Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
loljesus.com is a pretty awful site. They can't even spell 'atheist' right, even though it seems to be aimed at and written by non-believers.

Sometimes I feel like only agnostics are right, at least we're certain about our uncertainty and otherworldly ignorance.

Agnosticism for the win.

Jeebus & Co. for the epic phail.

Oh yeah, I'm off to hell too.

Axver said:
Didn't we decide in an earlier thread that such a gig would probably be stupidly crowded and full of wildly pissed people? Perhaps something just on the weekend beforehand might suit everybody's schedules better anyway?
Oops, must have missed that bit. You're probably right.

We went to see them at the Irish times on the day the first Melb U2 show would have been, barring the postponement... it was jammed full, roasting hot, sweaty drunk frustrated U2 fans wall-to-wall... and it fucking OWNED. I ended up crammed between the only window that opened, and the speaker stack. And I got Exit blasted through every bone in my body.

:rockon:

But those were exceptional circumstances :wink:

If you're talking about the long weekend, I probably can't make that cos I told my parents I was going up to their place... again.

The Sad Punk said:
Sometimes I feel like only agnostics are right, at least we're certain about our uncertainty and otherworldly ignorance.
:hi5:

Mind you, I don't feel right being certain about even that much.

I mean, how do I KNOW I don't know anything for sure?? :uhoh:

:wink:

major_panic said:
Whoah whoah whoah, you guys have been having fun in this thread and nobody invited me?!

I was wondering where you'd got to! Though I've barely been around the other forums. Well, except for when this thread was a travelling roadshow visiting old threads on other subforums ...

Alisaura said:

At least it will be warm.

Unlike this February. :grumpy:

Welcome to March, by the way! :D

Yeesh, bloody Melbourne weather. Thanks for reminding me that it's March, by the way - totally forgot!

Alisaura said:
We went to see them at the Irish times on the day the first Melb U2 show would have been, barring the postponement... it was jammed full, roasting hot, sweaty drunk frustrated U2 fans wall-to-wall... and it fucking OWNED. I ended up crammed between the only window that opened, and the speaker stack. And I got Exit blasted through every bone in my body.

:rockon:

But those were exceptional circumstances :wink:

If you're talking about the long weekend, I probably can't make that cos I told my parents I was going up to their place... again.

Damn, sounds fun. And Exit, come on, that's got to be made of win. But I think if we're going to do a meet-up, we're going to want space to be able to talk and such!

Is the weekend of the 15th and 16th a long weekend? That's the one I was thinking of.

I had wondered where all the Aussies had disappeared too...

I'm a believer in Jesus by the way, but agnosticism FTW if it's what works for you!

Alisaura said:

:hi5:

Mind you, I don't feel right being certain about even that much.

I mean, how do I KNOW I don't know anything for sure?? :uhoh:

:wink:

:lol:

I'm on the borderline of agnosticism and weak atheism. No arguments thus far have persuaded me of the existence of any deity, but I recognise I don't know everything and that such an argument may exist. But I think mainstream conceptualisations of God are nonsense and outright reject the God of the Bible.

It's funny, really. I was religious a few years back, but the more I was determined to provide proof of what I believed, the less reasons I found to actually believe it and everything just fell apart.

The Sad Punk said:
Heh! Certainty. That is some fucked up shit.

Not that I'm against Christians or any religious group as a whole - in fact I'm very pro-theist and grew up Christian, and I'm completely for Islamic reformation.

But religion sure can make a lot of people retarded: http://www.fstdt.com/fundies/top100.aspx?archive=1

If you haven't ever checked that out, I seriously recommend it.

:lol:

Yeah, some of the people out there need to get a tablespoon of common sense into their religion cake... or muffins, which are more appropriate to this thread :wink:

Axver said:
Damn, sounds fun. And Exit, come on, that's got to be made of win. But I think if we're going to do a meet-up, we're going to want space to be able to talk and such!

Is the weekend of the 15th and 16th a long weekend? That's the one I was thinking of.
Oh, you meant RIGHT before st pat's day... :der: yeah, I should be okay for 15th/16th. :up:

I might have to bail you guys.... I'm zonked and stuff. :yawn:

The Sad Punk said:
But religion sure can make a lot of people retarded: http://www.fstdt.com/fundies/top100.aspx?archive=1

If you haven't ever checked that out, I seriously recommend it.

I love that site. I post on the forums there sometimes (as Axver, who would've guessed!), and I actually prefer to follow the moderation queue than the main page. Some hilarious shit shows up there that somehow doesn't make the main page.

That'd be the weekend in a couple of weeks yeah? I'd like to plan ahead, clear my calendar... Especially if we're going to go watch a U2 tribute band!

Alisaura said:

Oh, you meant RIGHT before st pat's day... :der: yeah, I should be okay for 15th/16th. :up:

I might have to bail you guys.... I'm zonked and stuff. :yawn:

Alright, cool! Let's see if we can work something out. That'd be pretty great.

And see you tomorrow for more postwhoring! :wave:

Axver said:
It's funny, really. I was religious a few years back, but the more I was determined to provide proof of what I believed, the less reasons I found to actually believe it and everything just fell apart.
There's that puff of logic again... :wink:

I dunno if the Aust U2 show is playing the 15th or 16th...? I closed the page and I'm on my way out...

7,900... :ohmy:

(yes, I know you're kicking all our butts, Ax :p )

:hug:s ... take care, all! :wave:

major_panic said:
That'd be the weekend in a couple of weeks yeah? I'd like to plan ahead, clear my calendar... Especially if we're going to go watch a U2 tribute band!

The Aussie U2 Show is playing on the 17th, which is a Monday ... we decided it probably wouldn't be the best gig to attend. I think we're looking ahead to seeing them in May, and just doing our own quieter Saint Paddy's Day meet-up sometime over the weekend of the 15th/16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom