Bangaluru Bangers Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysterious_jen said:
ax if you want a laugh gogle Poison unskinny bop vid on youtube.

play it with no sound if you like .

hair band hillarity !

Oh dear, hair bands! :lol: I may just have to. I'm soon going to have to read and respond to some comments left by Kate's friends, so depending on what they're like, I may need a laugh. And I just cannot be arsed with more drama. Especially as my own family has decided to spring even more drama on me with an uncle entering into a very poorly chosen marriage tomorrow and telling my grandmother to die and burn in hell. Great, a third person to cut out. :|

unico said:
i've yet to torrent since i got this computer. isn't that pathetic? back in undergrad i used to be all up on that shit. so now i must ask the embarrassing question: how do i torrent?

:yippie: glad im not the only one who doesnt know !

looked at torrets once

:huh: fark ! backed away slowly .

haha yeah it's getting late there no? i should be getting ready for work...the dog is right pissed at me and i'm sure has about a gallon of urine ready to release. but the boss won't be in today or all day next week, so i'm taking it sloooooooooow.

Axver said:

Oh dear, hair bands! :lol: I may just have to. I'm soon going to have to read and respond to some comments left by Kate's friends. And I just cannot be arsed with more drama. Especially as my own family has decided to spring even more drama on me with an uncle entering into a very poorly chosen marriage tomorrow and telling my grandmother to die and burn in hell. Great, a third person to cut out. :|

shit.

its all very uncool in axverland atm isnt it . :sigh:

unico said:
i've yet to torrent since i got this computer. isn't that pathetic? back in undergrad i used to be all up on that shit. so now i must ask the embarrassing question: how do i torrent?

Torrenting is fairly easy once you've got the hang of it.

1. You need a torrent client. It's just a small piece of software. For Windows, I highly recommend Bit Tornado. It's very simple.
2. Go to a torrent search engine or whatever and search for what you want. Not sure if I'm allowed to link to such sites here.
3. Download the file of whatever it is you want.
4. Open the file in the torrent client and it will download.

I'm sure there are some good tutorials you could find online too.

mysterious_jen said:

:yippie: glad im not the only one who doesnt know !

looked at torrets once

:huh: fark ! backed away slowly .

a close friend of mine has all the u2 bootlegs out there, so i'm just lazy and depend on her for the goodies. i guess that's why i've never felt compelled to torrent. but i forgot that i can also get CDs there.

mysterious_jen said:

shit.

its all very uncool in axverland atm isnt it . :sigh:

Yeah. FFS, people. Have some sanity and don't be dickheads.

I have to wonder how the fuck I'm meant to focus on my studies when they start on Monday.

well shit on me the jackson 5 have come on.

i think it must be the apocalypse.

:crack:

or a sure fire sign to go to bed ...

:waiting: for liam to come back to me ....

he likes to make me wait

Axver said:

Torrenting is fairly easy once you've got the hang of it.

1. You need a torrent client. It's just a small piece of software. For Windows, I highly recommend Bit Tornado. It's very simple.
2. Go to a torrent search engine or whatever and search for what you want. Not sure if I'm allowed to link to such sites here.
3. Download the file of whatever it is you want.
4. Open the file in the torrent client and it will download.

I'm sure there are some good tutorials you could find online too.

sweet! thanks. i'm gonna try this out today. i don't plan on being in the office for long :shh:

Alisaura said:

:hug: Thanks Ali. :hug:

Trying to look on the bright side of this month to try to boost my spirits, at least I got PT tickets and we had our really fun Melburnian Interferencers meet-up! :)

unico said:
ali!!! i'm great! what's goin on?
I've been uncharacteristically active the last few weeks. Saw a band and some movies and everything. :lol:

Still kinda slack on the whole bass thing. :reject:

Got some irritating cold germs and am listening to Pop...

unico said:

sweet! thanks. i'm gonna try this out today. i don't plan on being in the office for long :shh:

Let me know if you need any help. I just noticed Interference must have a filter and removed part of my post. It should have read:

3. Download the dot torrent file of whatever it is you want.
4. Open the dot torrent file in the torrent client and it will download.

dot torrent in the sense of dot doc files being .doc and so forth.

Alisaura said:

I've been uncharacteristically active the last few weeks. Saw a band and some movies and everything. :lol:

Still kinda slack on the whole bass thing. :reject:

Got some irritating cold germs and am listening to Pop...

me too! i'm ashamed to say i haven't stroked the bass in months. :( it's probably mad at me, and i probably forgot how to play at all. depending on how much studying i get done today, i might be able to play a bit this weekend.

what do you mean whats wrong with the jackson 5 .

christ .

What do I mean? They were a great pop/disco group at the time. They've got a lot of great stuff within the genre. Ten bucks you wouldn't be saying 'what's wrong with the J5' if MJ didn't become a fucking not jub. :wink:

unico said:
don't worry ax. it sucks ass right now, and probably will for awhile. but i think i've learned life's greatest lesson and that's nothing lasts forever. so, you'll feel better, eventually.

Yeah, I can only hope. I suppose I've learnt a lot, not all of it stuff I really wanted to learn. Hopefully this year will pick up. I've got my Porcupine Tree gig trek in April. Need to schedule some other stuff to look forward to.

Axver said:

Let me know if you need any help. I just noticed Interference must have a filter and removed part of my post. It should have read:

3. Download the dot torrent file of whatever it is you want.
4. Open the dot torrent file in the torrent client and it will download.

dot torrent in the sense of dot doc files being .doc and so forth.

oooooh okay. that's important. i'll remember that.

Axver said:

Yeah, I can only hope. I suppose I've learnt a lot, not all of it stuff I really wanted to learn. Hopefully this year will pick up. I've got my Porcupine Tree gig trek in April. Need to schedule some other stuff to look forward to.

you should also do more anagram covers :wink:

unico said:
if u2 ever snippet that song my life would be complete :drool: especially the boom boom akalacka lacka boom part!

Considering Bono once snippeted It's Raining Men, I can't say much would surprise me now. But that would be classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom