bang and clatter, lets discuss lp7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
i think radiohead still has quite a job to do before they've got a proper album to release...

bangers n mash
decent up-tempo song but nothing special.

15 step
just some weird rhythm thing from thom.

nude
could be better

4 minute warning
ok little ballad, but i can already hear people talking about coldplay.

spooks
isnt that the song from pulp fiction?

bodysnatchers
awesome.

house of cards
ok, but needs a bit more variation.

all i need
:yawn:

open pick
no.

arpeggi
good.

go slowly
this is actually quite good. could be a good starter.

down is the new up
boring.

videotape
good, but very radioheadesque.

your turn.

Lp7 or "GOD" if you will........:wink: could potential suck

the good songs are

15 Step
Arpeggi
Nude
Bodysnatchers
Videotape

House or cards....boring, better when it was Thom solo
All I need...ok

Down is the new up.....starting to like it...hate the lyrics....

Open pick....good..sounds like the trickster though...

and maybe Burn the Witch....:drool:

and 15 Step for first single:drool: :drool:

Last edited:
Hail to the Thief didn't even suck, and it's their most lackluster release since Pablo Honey.

I think this album will be alot better than what we've heard so far.

The pieces are there, they just need to put it all together.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Hail to the Thief didn't even suck, and it's their most lackluster release since Pablo Honey.

I think this album will be alot better than what we've heard so far.

The pieces are there, they just need to put it all together.

Lemon boy FTW:up:

I disagree completely. I mean, the songs definitely still need work, and work they shall receive, but I don't see any potential for sucking.

15 Step is already more interesting than most of HTTT.

All I Need is gorgeous. Give it the ole Godrich shine and you got a keeper.

Arpeggi is going to be amazing. This is the "Let Down" of LP7.

House of Cards need some retooling. The short acoustic version was close to perfect. But I like the vibe of the new version too. Some comprimise between the two would be ideal. I'm sure it will be amazing on the album.

Bangers N' Mash is an odd bird. But I like it. A lot.

Spooks is weird. I don't know what this is. B-side this fucker.

4 Minute Warning has the potential to be a killer track. Production is key. Let's see what Nigel does with this before we criticise.

Down is the New Up is a great song. It just drags a little. Again, it needs some work in the studio, which it will get.

A good thing to keep in mind with these tracks is that they are currently bare-bones demos of songs that COULD BE. And for demos, most of them are pretty friggen amazing. Once Nigel gets his hands on them and the band preps for album release, we'll be in for a real treat.

Nude is currently a tad boring, but there's a ton of beauty in this song. It's a keeper for sure.

Go Slowly is amazing. Sure to be an album highlight.

Bodysnatchers is even more amazing. It's already one of the finest rock songs the band has ever written. This song is going to tear the flesh off my bones live. I can't wait. :drool:

And last but certainly not least, Videotape is simply mindblowing. Possibly the best song Thom's ever written. But I do have my concerns about how they'll handle this one in the studio. There are two ways to do it, one being the more stripped down Basement Tapes approach (which I prefer) or the somewhat muddled live approach (which COULD be the best bet, if they can nail down a solid arrangment).

Overall, I have no doubts LP7 will be one of my favorite Radiohead albums. No doubts at all.

Lancemc said:

Arpeggi is going to be amazing. This is the "Let Down" of LP7.

4 Minute Warning has the potential to be a killer track. Production is key. Let's see what Nigel does with this before we criticise.

Nude is currently a tad boring, but there's a ton of beauty in this song. It's a keeper for sure.
l.

Agree about Arpeggi....song is a beauty

Nude is perfect at it is...its a shoe in for the next LP......just add some strings and this song is killer

4 minute warning will most likely become a B-Side..good song....but not album material.

and quote me on this...these songs on will be changed dramatically once they are recorded.

Thom and Nigel will "KID A" these songs as much as possible...watch:wink:

xaviMF22 said:

and quote me on this...these songs on will be changed dramatically once they are recorded.

Thom and Nigel will "KID A" these songs as much as possible...watch:wink:

While I'm not sure they'll "Kid A" them THAT much, I definitely agree we'll see a lot of changes in most of the songs.

Exactly, compare Everything in Its Right Place live to its Kid A form.

it's like comparing these new, rough songs to what they'll sound like through the Godrich Filter.

Lancemc said:

While I'm not sure they'll "Kid A" them THAT much, I definitely agree we'll see a lot of changes in most of the songs.

believe they willl.....Thom will make damn sure:drool:

I haven't heard any of the new songs yet; do they have any particular feel to them? That is, do they seem to resemble any other Radiohead album in their current state?

Videotape is one of the best songs they´ve ever composed. Simply a breathtaking song.

Arpeggi is as well a great song with a huge potentail.

Go Slowly has a beautiful piano that drives it through the whole song.

15 Step is a great catchy song.

4 Minute Warning is Radiohead at their most pop since The Bends. I love it and hope it will show up on the album.

Spooks is a kickass surfrock instrumental, I truly hope it finds its way as a hidden track of some sort on the album.

All I Need has potential, but I don´t think it is close to finished material. It has great ending though.

Down is the New Up - practically same as All I Need; a great catchy main piano line, but it repeats itself and gets dull pretty soon.

Nude - better were the older versions, but I was never a big fan of the song.

Bodysnatchers - not bad, but it could be much better. Still doesn´t hold a candle to earlier Radiohead rock songs.

Bangers n´Mash - weird, too long, sounds too unfinished.

Open Pick - has potential, great Jonny opening riff.

House of Cards - the only song that I truly dislike. But the acoustic version that Thom played earlier was cool. I hope it sounds more like that on the album.

I truly believe this one is going to be the best since Kid A. It will have Videotape and that alone ensures it.

this album is going to kick ass!!!!!! I can't wait till it comes out!!:drool: :drool: :hyper:

I have to say that Videotape, All I need, Go Slowly, Arpeggi and 4 min warning are my fav's . I am liking Down is the new up...:wink:

For the most part I liked what I heard of the new songs, but agree they need to work some studio magic for this album to be great

The Great Songs

-Videotape- in my opinion, one of their greatest songs
-Down is the New Up- I love the sound of it
-I Want None Of This- a pretty song
-All I Need- on the surface just a standard love song, but something about the melody really gets me

The Good Songs

-15 Step- I love the opening and beat, but it gets a little repetitive by the end
-Arpeggi- I just don't see anything special in this song
-Nude-I liked the old version better
-Bodysnatchers-Good, but needs to be matured a bit in studio
-Four Minute Warning- A nice ballad

The Decent Songs

Go Slowly-not really much to this song, I need to give it more listens though
Open Pick-too much like 2+2=5 for me

The Bad Songs

Spooks-what is the point of this?
Bangers and Mash-it's a cool idea, but I don't like the melody or anything in this song
House of Cards-boooring

I'm still really hopeful for the album

U2Man said:
this is really gonna be a let down if it turns out sucking.

Like HTTT did? :(

I love most of the slower songs so far. House Of Cards and All I Need are both strong. As for rockers, 15 Step is brilliant.

LemonMelon said:

Like HTTT did? :(

I love most of the slower songs so far. House Of Cards and All I Need are both strong. As for rockers, 15 Step is brilliant.

except HTTT didn't

:wink:

There there bitches:drool:

and house of cards blows

xaviMF22 said:

There there bitches:drool:

And Go To Sleep, along with the last 4 songs on the record.

And then there Backdrifts, We Suck.....Young Blood, I Will, The Gloaming, etc, etc...

PLAY REAL MUSIC AGAIN, DAMMIT. :mad:

2+2=5 is a classic.
Go to Sleep is great.
There There is amazing.
Where I End and You Begin is droolworthy.
Sail to the Moon makes me teary-eyed.
The rest is painfully average.

I just summed up Hail to the Thief in 6 sentences, Pitchfork will now send assassins to my house.

LemonMacPhisto said:
2+2=5 is a classic.
Go to Sleep is great.
There There is amazing.
Where I End and You Begin is droolworthy.
Sail to the Moon makes me teary-eyed.
The rest is painfully average.

I just summed up Hail to the Thief in 6 sentences, Pitchfork will now send assassins to my house.
Pretty much dead on there. 5 great/good songs, and 9 failures.

2+2=5 :up:
Sail to the moon :up:
There there :up:
A wolf at the door :up:
Go to Sleep :up:
Where I end and you begin :up:
Myxomatosis
Backdrifts
I will :up:
Sir down stand up

The weak tracks
The gloaming
Punch up
scatterbrain
we suck young blood

PLAY REAL MUSIC AGAIN, DAMMIT. :mad:

oh please tell me what is real music?:| :|

Bonochick said:

That's my favorite Radiohead song.

I love it...but most radiohead fans consider that song to be among radiohead worst:shrug: ....

I just think that compared with the rest of the tracks on HTTT its well.....:wink:

Well, I will admit that I only have 3 Radiohead albums, so for me to claim that as my favorite is kind of unfair, as I don't know what all else there is...but oh well. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom