bang and clatter, lets discuss lp7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Videotape is amazing. It's definitely one of their best songs....ever! All I Need sounds great too in it's embryonic state, that xylophone is brilliant. Great melody too. I think Bangers & Mash (for that deconstructed bit in the middle where is sloooowwws right down) and Down Is The New Up (Thom Yorke's Basment version) are the other two standouts thus far.

Oh, and Hail to the Thief is a brilliant album. There There is amazing, as are Sail To The Moon, Go To Sleep and Myxomatosis. The only bad tracks are Where I End And You Begin and Backdrifts. Even I Will makes sense when you listen to the album right through. And Drunken Punchup is just really good.

PookaMacP said:

Oh, and Hail to the Thief is a brilliant album. There There is amazing, as are Sail To The Moon, Go To Sleep and Myxomatosis. The only bad tracks are Where I End And You Begin and Backdrifts. Even I Will makes sense when you listen to the album right through. And Drunken Punchup is just really good.

you got it twisted sister.....Where I end and you begin, and Backdrifts are among radiohead's best:drool:

I honestly wouldn't mind the next record to be a little weaker than Eraser. I mean, Eraser had very little that was outstanding, but it certainly had much more to offer than Hail To The Thief (not one exceptional track) or Amnesiac (half inspired, half that can only be called "leftovers" from the Kid A sessions)......I don't know, they had a nice one-two punch with OK/Kid, but since then, not much.

I haven;t heard any of the new songs. A couple when I saw them in Amsterdam 6 months ago. I don't want to hear them untill the album is released.
But what the hell, why does it take so long? And when can we expect the release? November 2007? Or in the summer? It's almost 4 years now since httt.

POP-ROMANCER said:
I haven;t heard any of the new songs. A couple when I saw them in Amsterdam 6 months ago. I don't want to hear them untill the album is released.
But what the hell, why does it take so long? And when can we expect the release? November 2007? Or in the summer? It's almost 4 years now since httt.

Well, part of the problem.. is they have no record label right now. And are still in the studio working on the new album.

in case you all didn't see my post in the other general thread on RH...

here's the latest..

here is a blurb from Dead Air Space

Thom posted at Dead Air Space again:

back at werk
so we have staRTed up again had a good today
working on a version of 15step and rebuilding our studio
in the wind

and if you live in the uk there is this
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/trident/

x
Thom

:wink: :drool: