bands you have never heard that you want to get into

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
might as well. for me:

The Field Mice
Fugazi
Arab Strap
Kirsty MacColl
The Pogues
Bad Religion
Dead Kennedys
Tim Finn
Damien Jurado
Stina Nordenstam
Arto Lindsay/DNA
Paradise Motel
Edith Frost
Cat Power
Madness
The Specials
Linton Kwesi Johnson
Bad Audio Dynamite
Prefab Sprout
Faith Over Reason
Aerogramme
Mogwai
The Delgados

Stuff I've come across that sounds interesting (in magazines and websites and stuff) but I've never actually heard. That's a long list...

Last edited:
:yes:

Aereogramme are very good. Kinda weird, though, because he sings really softly but then starts screaming at the end of some songs.

Mogwai are excellent instrumental music, and their song with Gruff Rhys from Super Furry Animals, "Dial: Revenge" is absolutely gorgeous. :up:

yertle-the-turtle said:
might as well. for me:

Fugazi

Kirsty MacColl
The Pogues
Bad Religion
Dead Kennedys
Tim Fin
Cat Power
Madness
The Specials

Bad Audio Dynamite
Prefab Sprout

These are all great bands, especially Specials, Madness, Tim Finn & Prefab Sprout. Their album "Jordan The Comback" is amazing. Produced by none other than Thomas "She Blinded Me With Science" Dolby.

How can you possibly want to get into them if you haven't heard anything by them? Unless its to look cool? :wink:

Last edited:
Har har betty. :D

I got into Mogwai by accident and am fairly impressed. There are numerous bands that I hear endless good things about, and haven't heard one thing from, and would like to one day.
I'm getting there though. I'm on the way to discovering (rather late compared to some) Sigur Ros, GY!BE or however you abbreviate it, one day I will listen to Radiohead even if its to prove to myself they actually exist. Also finally hearing some JSBE.

There's more. But I take so long to get into unchartered territory.

'getting into them' doesn't necessarily imply becoming a fan betty staright off. i see it as getting to know them so you can actually find out if you like them or not.

Angela Harlem said:
I'm on the way to discovering (rather late compared to some) Sigur Ros, GY!BE or however you abbreviate it, one day I will listen to Radiohead even if its to prove to myself they actually exist.
So I'm not the only one??

THANK YOU!!:tongue:

SkeeK said:
no bear, you know

underworld = droolworthy x 57.8X10^87

haha, i knew youd reply old boy, but not that fast!

the thing is, i downloaded that song from the so and so soundtrack because you raved about it to so much, but i cant say it does anything for me.

yertle-the-turtle said:

The Delgados

:hyper:

I just saw that you added them. YAY!!!! :hyper: :up: :applaud:

Recommendations:

Accused of Stealing
American Trilogy
Make Your Move
Thirteen Gliding Principles
The Light Before We Land
Child Killers
Everything Goes Around the Water
Under Canvas Under Wraps
Tempered; Not Tamed
Mr. Blue Sky (ELO cover)

Okay, EVERYTHING. :|

the only one i can think of at the moment are sigur ros. they sound like they would be interesting.

Ditto again on Sigur Ros...just had a conversation about them with a friend last night...he said they were the best concert he'd ever seen. There's lot of other bands I want to get into, but I've heard at least a song or two...but with Sigur Ros, I've heard nada.

TOOOOOO many bands.

"get into" = hear some of their stuff. the reason i want to hear a lot of the bands that would be on my list-too-long-to-try-to-post-and-not-forget-half-the-bands is result of recommendations from friends and threads in this forum.

and yertle, i think you mean big audio dynamite, not bad audio dynamtie. they sometimes go by the abbrevation b.a.d. so that's probably what happened :wink: *cough*CHECK OUT BAD RELIGION FIRST*cough* ;)

IWB: Yeah I type too fast. :) Will check out Bad Religion today!

brettig: By 'get into', I meant IWB's definition.

meggie: I tried getting a Delgados song but was cut off at 90% on Soulseek.

*cough

Zoomerang96 said:
the thing is, i downloaded that song from the so and so soundtrack because you raved about it to so much, but i cant say it does anything for me.

Looks like Sigur Ros is in the lead! :sexywink: and rightfully so. Beautifully hypnotic. I'll second the "Best show i've ever seen" comment. Now i expect you all to DL or buy some this weekend, and call me on monday.

:up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom