Bands that begin with "The"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
There are waaaaay too many bands with short names that begin with "The" these days. I am totally confused about The Vines, The Doves, The Strokes, The White Stripes, and I think there are several more I am forgetting.

Which of these bands are worth listening to? I am totally out of the loop!

:heart: The Strokes and The White Stripes :heart:

I completely adore both of these bands. I just saw the Strokes in concert last weekend and it was absolutely stunning and any positive and loving adjective you can apply to a concert.

boooerns.

at least the white stripes know theyre going nowhere and are calling it quits soon. the one song i have heard of theirs isnt bad at all, but apparently all their stuff sounds the same.

Zoomerang96 said:
boooerns.

at least the white stripes know theyre going nowhere and are calling it quits soon. the one song i have heard of theirs isnt bad at all, but apparently all their stuff sounds the same.

Not true, bear. :mad:

Their music doesn't sound the same at all. Their most recent album is astounding. I had my doubts after hearing "Fell In Love With A Girl," but none of the rest of the album sounds like that at all. It's all subjective, I guess.

The Police:up:

The Who::up:

The Jimi Hendrix Experience::up:

The Beatles::up:

:sexywink:

I do like

The Frames
The Calling
The Poppin Wheelies
The Verve
and The Stone Roses

does that count?

cloudimani said:
Not too keen on the new "the"s really, the media seem to love them though, darling.

As an observation of the media, I think the media has been embracing the "The" bands because like many of us, they were sick to death of the pop machine and its relentless churning out of cooker-cutter talentless and brainless droids.

I have no idea if - given a different musical landscape - the "The" bands would be as heralded as they are now, but for me, when I heard The Strokes and The White Stripes for the first time, I hadn't realized how thirsty I'd been for music to kick my ass again.

oh, I'm as sick of pop music as anyone is, I dont listen to music raio at all anymore, its just unbearable.

But this is nothing new, I just find the new "the" bands arent quite to my taste thats all. I think they've been overhyped really

sharky said:
I would highly recommend seeing The Hives in concert. They rock!

They are certainly my next conquest (although The Strokes are tops on my list....I've tried to see them 3 times this year, but to no avail...).

:banghead:

~LadyLemon~ said:

They are certainly my next conquest (although The Strokes are tops on my list....I've tried to see them 3 times this year, but to no avail...).

:banghead:

We'll see them, eventually!!!!!

i had a dream this weekend that we saw them play in vegas, then we bumped into them at Circus Circus-of all places, lol!- and partied with them, lmao. It was great! ;) :drunk:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

i had a dream this weekend that we saw them play in vegas, then we bumped into them at Circus Circus-of all places, lol!- and partied with them, lmao. It was great! ;) :drunk:

with The Strokes?? GIRL YOU NEED TO TELL ME ABOUT THIS DREAM.

Seeing them in concert was a revival for me. :drool: :hyper:

cloudimani said:
I do like

The Calling

does that count?

no. NO. NO!

whats wrong with you? you say you hate processed pop music?! well what do you think this is?! its matchbox twenty!

luckily for you, you mentioned the verve, that was your saving grace right there.

the calling makes me sick, almost as bad as creed.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Cool! Did I get to make out with my boyfriend?

11c8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom