bands/artist your afraid to admit that u like - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-16-2002, 12:34 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 04:58 AM
i hate creed, rush, snow, nsync, bsb, britney, lincon park, nickelback, default, actually make that any "modern rock" with the odd exception. top 40 and modern rock has never sucked as bad as they have since the late 90's and into today.

i also hate creed.

and, i hate every boy band, girl band, pop star, and any band that lives off of the same power chords played in a different order, but have the same sound.

which leads me to oasis, i dont like them either. i dont like muse, i can stand coldplay and stereophonics.

classic music is apparently the way to go, and im not at all embarassed to say so.

quite seriously, id say most if not all the music you hear on the radio these days is made to sell a product. what does that say about the quality?! exactly, supply and demand.

how else can you explain how shitty bands like tantric, matchbox 20, three doors down and whomever else get on the air?!

i hate music.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.
__________________

__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 03:21 AM   #32
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by daisybean:
I used to like Winger

*hides*
Used to??? You don't love us anymore Daisy? How bout if we sing for you!

She's only seventeen...SEVENTEEN

No, you still don't like us? Fine, go listen to U2 or something.

__________________

__________________
BAW is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 03:33 AM   #33
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 10:58 AM
Robbie Williams and Duran Duran.


[edit: I just have the Greatest Hits cd by Duran Duran. I'm not a HUGE fan or anything. Still embarrassed, though]
------------------
A song is a beautiful lie

[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 05-15-2002).]
__________________
meegannie is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 03:40 AM   #34
Elvis' Naughty Angel
 
Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: not here
Posts: 4,609
Local Time: 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Naya:
Kylie Minogue. I have her cd "Fever"...
Me too!! It's really good! lol

I like everything from well, Duran Duran to Robbie Williams, N'SYNC to of course really *good* music like U2 etc... but my most guilty pleasure would probably have to be... Wham!



------------------
"Steal me, deal me, anyway you heal me
Maim me, tame me, you can never change me
Love me, like me, come ahead and fight me
Please me, tease me, go ahead and leave me..."
__________________
Angel is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 03:41 AM   #35
Elvis' Naughty Angel
 
Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: not here
Posts: 4,609
Local Time: 06:58 AM
Oh and... ROTFLMFAO!!!!! Hello Angel!!!
__________________
Angel is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 04:59 AM   #36
Refugee
 
Klodomir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,198
Local Time: 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Michael Learns to Rock

My guilty pleasure and legacy of teenage-hood in SE Asia. And if you know who that is, then I'll be surprised.
I know... and I sort of like them too, which is of course embarrassing.
__________________
Klodomir is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 07:24 AM   #37
Refugee
 
She Is Raging's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Outside Boston
Posts: 1,729
Local Time: 06:58 AM
Mariah Carey - more so the older stuff,but I've kind of gone off her since she started acting like such a skank. What an unbelievable voice though!
__________________
She Is Raging is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 07:48 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
doctorwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: My TARDIS - currently located in San Leandro, CA
Posts: 6,341
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono-vox:
Cheesy music rules..... *puts pop cd into computer*
*agrees completely.

*reaches for seldom heard "Joshua Tree" CD to get that cheesy pop morning vibe!

__________________
doctorwho is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 08:29 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
flaming june's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: My room
Posts: 5,333
Local Time: 07:58 AM
The Carpenters and Olivia Newton-John, I also liked Stryper...
__________________
flaming june is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 08:31 AM   #40
Thom's Bitch
 
bono_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,287
Local Time: 08:58 PM
Where do I start...

Phil Collins/Genesis
Billy Joel
Wham!
Cheers theme song
Christina Aguleria

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com
__________________
bono_man is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 08:56 AM   #41
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 09:58 PM
I like a lot of awful music. But I like an awful lot of music too, so statistically, I'm not daggy. Ok?
Um, if you want a name...I am a big fan of the old Michael Jackson. There's one for you.

Yair.
__________________
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 09:23 AM   #42
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 319
Local Time: 10:58 AM
Kid Rock
__________________
Monkey79 is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 09:28 AM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
daisybean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Posts: 8,577
Local Time: 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Used to??? You don't love us anymore Daisy? How bout if we sing for you!

She's only seventeen...SEVENTEEN

No, you still don't like us? Fine, go listen to U2 or something.

LMFAO Charlene!!!!!!!



------------------
Daisy

~*~We are one, but we're not the same
We've got to carry each other~*~


The Mouth Moves in Mysterious Ways

AIMaisyone75
__________________
daisybean is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 09:28 AM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ghetofabu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Kitchen
Posts: 4,038
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
i hate creed, rush, snow, nsync, bsb, britney, lincon park, nickelback, default, actually make that any "modern rock" with the odd exception. top 40 and modern rock has never sucked as bad as they have since the late 90's and into today.

i also hate creed.

and, i hate every boy band, girl band, pop star, and any band that lives off of the same power chords played in a different order, but have the same sound.

which leads me to oasis, i dont like them either. i dont like muse, i can stand coldplay and stereophonics.

classic music is apparently the way to go, and im not at all embarassed to say so.

quite seriously, id say most if not all the music you hear on the radio these days is made to sell a product. what does that say about the quality?! exactly, supply and demand.

how else can you explain how shitty bands like tantric, matchbox 20, three doors down and whomever else get on the air?!

i hate music.

You must have a lot of pent up aggression and general disgust for society.......I like that. Keep it up.
__________________
ghetofabu is offline  
Old 05-16-2002, 09:29 AM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life
 
yertle-the-turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: York, UK and Singapore
Posts: 11,750
Local Time: 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Michael Learns to Rock

My guilty pleasure and legacy of teenage-hood in SE Asia. And if you know who that is, then I'll be surprised.
I used to be big MLTR fan...as a 9 year old singing along to 'Paint My Love' or 'Wild Women' was pretty fun. Of course they have some pretty cringe worthy lyrics...

Stuff In My CD/mp3 collection:

3 Doors Down
Savage Garden
Spandau Ballet
Nik Kershaw
Metallica (it's an mp3 and I hear the cries of 'nay' but when the song is 'Nothing Else Matters'...)

I'm not afraid of saying I like Kylie or Duran Duran. Kylie's pretty cool because she's the perfect antidote to Creed and such, vapid but totaly irresisitible. Same for Duran Duran.

By the way I saw A Flock Of Seagulls on 'Classic MTV' last Monday. Interesting haircuts...
__________________

__________________
yertle-the-turtle is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com