bands/artist your afraid to admit that u like

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i hate creed, rush, snow, nsync, bsb, britney, lincon park, nickelback, default, actually make that any "modern rock" with the odd exception. top 40 and modern rock has never sucked as bad as they have since the late 90's and into today.

i also hate creed.

and, i hate every boy band, girl band, pop star, and any band that lives off of the same power chords played in a different order, but have the same sound.

which leads me to oasis, i dont like them either. i dont like muse, i can stand coldplay and stereophonics.

classic music is apparently the way to go, and im not at all embarassed to say so.

quite seriously, id say most if not all the music you hear on the radio these days is made to sell a product. what does that say about the quality?! exactly, supply and demand.

how else can you explain how shitty bands like tantric, matchbox 20, three doors down and whomever else get on the air?!

i hate music.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

Originally posted by daisybean:
I used to like Winger

*hides*

Used to??? You don't love us anymore Daisy? How bout if we sing for you!

She's only seventeen...SEVENTEEN

No, you still don't like us? Fine, go listen to U2 or something.

pics_7.jpg

Robbie Williams and Duran Duran.
sulkoff.gif

[edit: I just have the Greatest Hits cd by Duran Duran. I'm not a HUGE fan or anything. Still embarrassed, though]
------------------
A song is a beautiful lie

[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 05-15-2002).]

Originally posted by Naya:
Kylie Minogue. I have her cd "Fever"...

Me too!!
biggrin.gif
It's really good! lol

I like everything from well, Duran Duran to Robbie Williams, N'SYNC to of course really *good* music like U2 etc... but my most guilty pleasure would probably have to be... Wham!
icon38.gif

------------------
"Steal me, deal me, anyway you heal me
Maim me, tame me, you can never change me
Love me, like me, come ahead and fight me
Please me, tease me, go ahead and leave me..."

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Michael Learns to Rock

My guilty pleasure and legacy of teenage-hood in SE Asia. And if you know who that is, then I'll be surprised.
I know... and I sort of like them too, which is of course embarrassing.

Mariah Carey - more so the older stuff,but I've kind of gone off her since she started acting like such a skank. What an unbelievable voice though!

Where do I start...

Phil Collins/Genesis
Billy Joel
Wham!
Cheers theme song
Christina Aguleria

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

I like a lot of awful music. But I like an awful lot of music too, so statistically, I'm not daggy. Ok?
Um, if you want a name...I am a big fan of the old Michael Jackson. There's one for you.

Yair.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Used to??? You don't love us anymore Daisy? How bout if we sing for you!

She's only seventeen...SEVENTEEN

No, you still don't like us? Fine, go listen to U2 or something.

pics_7.jpg

LMFAO Charlene!!!!!!!

------------------
Daisy

~*~We are one, but we're not the same
We've got to carry each other~*~

The Mouth Moves in Mysterious Ways

AIM:daisyone75

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
i hate creed, rush, snow, nsync, bsb, britney, lincon park, nickelback, default, actually make that any "modern rock" with the odd exception. top 40 and modern rock has never sucked as bad as they have since the late 90's and into today.

i also hate creed.

and, i hate every boy band, girl band, pop star, and any band that lives off of the same power chords played in a different order, but have the same sound.

which leads me to oasis, i dont like them either. i dont like muse, i can stand coldplay and stereophonics.

classic music is apparently the way to go, and im not at all embarassed to say so.

quite seriously, id say most if not all the music you hear on the radio these days is made to sell a product. what does that say about the quality?! exactly, supply and demand.

how else can you explain how shitty bands like tantric, matchbox 20, three doors down and whomever else get on the air?!

i hate music.

You must have a lot of pent up aggression and general disgust for society.......I like that. Keep it up.
icon14.gif

Michael Learns to Rock

My guilty pleasure and legacy of teenage-hood in SE Asia. And if you know who that is, then I'll be surprised.

I used to be big MLTR fan...as a 9 year old singing along to 'Paint My Love' or 'Wild Women' was pretty fun. Of course they have some pretty cringe worthy lyrics...

Stuff In My CD/mp3 collection:

3 Doors Down
Savage Garden
Spandau Ballet
Nik Kershaw
Metallica (it's an mp3 and I hear the cries of 'nay' but when the song is 'Nothing Else Matters'...)

I'm not afraid of saying I like Kylie or Duran Duran. Kylie's pretty cool because she's the perfect antidote to Creed and such, vapid but totaly irresisitible. Same for Duran Duran.

By the way I saw A Flock Of Seagulls on 'Classic MTV' last Monday. Interesting haircuts...

Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle:
I used to be big MLTR fan...as a 9 year old singing along to 'Paint My Love' or 'Wild Women' was pretty fun. Of course they have some pretty cringe worthy lyrics...

omg, Klod and yertle! I don't feel so alone anymore. Everybody sing together now....

I'm not an actor, I'm not a star, and I don't even have my own car...

*groan*

But I still listen to them occasionally for the happy memories.
biggrin.gif

ghetofab, u own some of those cd's u hate...actually i saw u sing along to creed..i rember u made me play coldplay before...hell killed the battery cause it was on repeat all night..so stop ur frontin...and make fun of me all u want...cause "we aint goin no where we aint going no where, cause we bad boy 4 life"....

------------------
In the Kamigata area they have a sort of tiered lunch box they use for a single day when flower viewing. Upon returning, they throw them away, trampling them underfoot. As might be expected, this is one of my recollections of the capital [Kyoto]. The end is important in all things.
-from the book Hagakure:The Book of the Samuri by Yamaoto Tsunetomo

BTW, what's wrong with Creed? I've only heard a bit of their stuff, but a friend of mine is into their music. Please tell my why they suck so I can annoy her with it! I can't be bothered to listen to them and find out for myself, besides I have no taste.

I own:

1 Christina Aguilera CD
2 Britney Spears CD's
2 N'Sync CD's
3 Backstreet Boys CD's

Cassette tapes of Vanilla Ice, New Kids on the Block, and MC Hammer that I still like to listen to.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Originally posted by superjoethadmexx:
ghetofab, u own some of those cd's u hate...actually i saw u sing along to creed..i rember u made me play coldplay before...hell killed the battery cause it was on repeat all night..so stop ur frontin...and make fun of me all u want...cause "we aint goin no where we aint going no where, cause we bad boy 4 life"....

BITCH! 1. I do not recall singing to CREED, and if I did I can swear I was drunk. 2. I like Coldplay. I liked them before they got big. I don't think they are a band to be shameful of. Kiss my ass bitch. After I post this I am walking down there and putting my foot square in your ass. Chode.
icon28.gif

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

just bring it...and u dont recall alot do u?...

I recall you are an ass-pirate.
icon37.gif

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Robbie Willaims

I don't have any of his stuff alough every time they play one of his songs I seem to know it

[This message has been edited by U2_IRELAND (edited 05-16-2002).]

omg, Klod and yertle! I don't feel so alone anymore. Everybody sing together now....

I'm not an actor, I'm not a star, and I don't even have my own car...

*groan*

But I still listen to them occasionally for the happy memories.
biggrin.gif

MTLR fan here also and I am not ashamed. I like many groups and I am not ashamed of anything. However I hate boy bands (nsync and co) and other such bands. I hate hip hop, trance and rap.

ass pirate?...well...hmm..how do i answer this one...there really isnt any concrte proff on that one carpet muncher, and anyways...u aint gay unless ur the one reciveing...anyways...she said she wanted it there...do i reaaaally need to call u out or anything...
biggrin.gif
....hehehehehe....

Originally posted by AcrobatMan:
MTLR fan here also and I am not ashamed. I like many groups and I am not ashamed of anything. However I hate boy bands (nsync and co) and other such bands. I hate hip hop, trance and rap.

Paint my love, you can paint my love?it?s the picture of a thousand sunsets.

Wild women at the back door, my wife?s knocking at the front door. They make me a winner, they make me a sinner, don?t know what to do?.

And who can forget?.twenty-five minutes too late!

Hmmm, actually now that I think of it, MLTR isn?t all that embarrassing I suppose. They?re rather like a boy band but with grown up men that at least write their own songs and weren?t put together by a producer. And besides, Jascha is hot!
biggrin.gif

ass pirate?...well...hmm..how do i answer this one...there really isnt any concrte proff on that one carpet muncher, and anyways...u aint gay unless ur the one reciveing...anyways...she said she wanted it there...do i reaaaally need to call u out or anything...
biggrin.gif
....hehehehehe....

Fuck you.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom