Bandana, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've known some who've drunk then, considering it "late".

Well, I was speaking in terms of getting up and cracking one open first thing in the morning. Of course, the "earliest" I've, er, indulged has been around 5 am or so, if you recall. Though I had been up all night. :laugh:

Phanan!

I cannot decide what to make of the new PRR album. I am confused. I ... think I like it. Interesting to see what they did to Victorious Cupid.

Phanan!

I cannot decide what to make of the new PRR album. I am confused. I ... think I like it. Interesting to see what they did to Victorious Cupid.

We certainly can't accuse them of not trying something different, that's for sure.

I was wondering what you'd think of it. It is much more electronic than I thought it would be. Hell, Disconnect sounds like it could be a Kraftwerk song, at least before the vocals kick in.

I think I preferred the original Victorious Cupid, though. Not sure why they made that change at the beginning, but I don't care for it. Not a huge difference, but still, it's annoying me.

I was also hoping for one other harder song in the same vein as Deus Ex Machina. We didn't get that, although I love The Gloaming.

Oh he's the evil guy right? :hmm: Zankou?

Leo isn't regular yet, it's the first season. this is the ep with the emo girl where he works on the house. First or 2nd ep.

Honestly, I can't remember who he plays. I don't watch it regularly. The only times I really have are when my friend's mum had been watching it and I was sitting with her.

I DO know that he's in the first and second Mummy movies though. :drool:

We certainly can't accuse them of not trying something different, that's for sure.

I was wondering what you'd think of it. It is much more electronic than I thought it would be. Hell, Disconnect sounds like it could be a Kraftwerk song, at least before the vocals kick in.

I think I preferred the original Victorious Cupid, though. Not sure why they made that change at the beginning, but I don't care for it. Not a huge difference, but still, it's annoying me.

I was also hoping for one other harder song in the same vein as Deus Ex Machina. We didn't get that, although I love The Gloaming.

It sounds like the same singers with essentially a different band. I'm going to have to give it another couple of listens to sort out quite how I feel about it. I was obviously attracted by the lengthy atmospheric proggy passages initially. But I do love Deus Ex Machina. I actually thought that was going to be a much longer track, though I suppose it is reprised later.

It sounds like the same singers with essentially a different band. I'm going to have to give it another couple of listens to sort out quite how I feel about it. I was obviously attracted by the lengthy atmospheric proggy passages initially. But I do love Deus Ex Machina. I actually thought that was going to be a much longer track, though I suppose it is reprised later.

Yeah, give it a few more spins. It's definitely a grower. I've played it at work all day yesterday and today, and while I will gripe over a few minor details, in the end, I think it's excellent.

Honestly, I can't remember who he plays. I don't watch it regularly. The only times I really have are when my friend's mum had been watching it and I was sitting with her.

I DO know that he's in the first and second Mummy movies though. :drool:

:shifty: Gotta admit I had to google his face, but then I knew who he was. He's the evil guy in season 7 and 8, leading all the demons.

Yeah, give it a few more spins. It's definitely a grower. I've played it at work all day yesterday and today, and while I will gripe over a few minor details, in the end, I think it's excellent.

I'm very interested in how on earth they'll integrate the old and new stuff live. Like I said, it's almost like two entirely different bands. I do prefer the general style of the Dark Third, but I can tell there's some good stuff on the new album (blanking on that Latin title). Wonder if we'll get a similar array of non-album/alternate edition tracks, too ...

I'm very interested in how on earth they'll integrate the old and new stuff live. Like I said, it's almost like two entirely different bands. I do prefer the general style of the Dark Third, but I can tell there's some good stuff on the new album (blanking on that Latin title). Wonder if we'll get a similar array of non-album/alternate edition tracks, too ...

I haven't heard anything about the release of other tracks. In fact, there has really been little information on the album itself. Over at play.com in the UK, they have a digipak edition up:

Play.com (UK) : Pure Reason Revolution - Amor Vincit Omnia (Digipack) : CD - Free Delivery

Special Features:

Bonus DVD
Deus Ex Machina (Live At Nearfest)
Victorious Cupid (Live At Nearfest)
Les Malheurs (Live At Rockpalast)
The Gloaming (Live At Rockpalast)
Documentary

Tracklisting:

Les Malheurs
Victorious Cupid
i) Keep Me Sane/Insane
ii) Apogee iii) Requiem For The Lovers
Deus Ex Machina
Bloodless
Disconnect
The Gloaming
AVO

You can't even find this on their myspace page yet, so I don't know what their label is up to.

And they need their website back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom