Bandana, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck, why do I feel so tipsy after that fourth glass. Four glasses is nothing, people! Nothing! Perhaps the lack of food today is sufficient justification, though. I've had one ice block, two trumpets/drumsticks/ice-creamy-things, a few chips, and a solitary sandwich of Marmite, lettuce, cheese, onion, and tomato.

THAT'S NOT ENOUGH.

Yet I am not starving.

Three ice blocks/creams in one day? That's more than I have in a year!

Although what with the heat and all, it's understandable!

Eat more! That's kind of Inthistowntastic, because Bono was sort of fat in the first half of 1986.

Haha, rock on GG2.

Damn, now I'm out of white wine. Let's see how port goes down in this weather. Fuck, on a near-empty stomach, this may just lay waste to me.

Haha, I only just noticed Edge's reaction. That's brilliant. I honestly think Bono's the only one there that has had a fair amount, which just makes it funnier, and actually sort of sad.
Yeah, the band's playing a bit too well to be as sussed as Bono.

Juxtaposed on u2gigs next to pics fron the inauguration, you realise that in 23 years, Bono really doesn't have any new moves. But they've at least had the good sense to take away his harmonica.

I'm going to rewind InThisTown and try to get a screen shot of them in the same position. It's rather hilarious. Not as hilarious as, say, the hiccup, or B almost falling off the stage, but still funny.

Three ice blocks/creams in one day? That's more than I have in a year!

Although what with the heat and all, it's understandable!

Eat more! That's kind of Inthistowntastic, because Bono was sort of fat in the first half of 1986.

Yeah, I've bought more ice cream things in the last week than I have bought in the last ... five years. I'm serious.

Psh, I'm ALREADY sort of fat. In fact, I'm not sure there's much "sort of" about it. Though today's inthistowntastic walk in the heat undoubtedly lost some weight for me. Good lord WHY DID I DO THAT.

The celebrations are swell! There may be some good stuff for you to read back on here.

I may switch to my mum's laptop at some point, because my computer is terribly loud and I'd hate to wake up my dad, as his working hours are rather bad. In any case, I'm drinking 20 proof beer right now.

Glad you guys are having fun.

Reggo! Get on the booze! I don't care what time it is there. It's INTHISTOWNTASTIC. 1986 Bono would approve.

NOTICE
This video contains an audio track that has not been authorized by all copyright holders. The audio has been disabled. More about copyright

You pwned each other. :drool:

That's the greatest thing! It told me that, so I thought I got owned again. Then I hit play again. And it worked with audio! :lol: If it's embedded it works perfectly!

Yeah, I've bought more ice cream things in the last week than I have bought in the last ... five years. I'm serious.

Psh, I'm ALREADY sort of fat. In fact, I'm not sure there's much "sort of" about it. Though today's inthistowntastic walk in the heat undoubtedly lost some weight for me. Good lord WHY DID I DO THAT.

Oh, don't say that. You looked fine when I met you. I don't expect albines to be running around doing gymnastics outside, anyway.

I wouldn't say that to Bono, though. Soddin' mountain goat.

Thank god, port works even when it's a little over-warm.

On my last few rather disappointing capers with drinking more than three or four glasses of alcohol in one night, I had forgotten how much fun being tipsy can be! Maybe I should drink on a relatively empty stomach more often. Or perhaps the heat's just affecting me. That actually seems more probable. I do pretty much have things together, but I'm just enjoying not being so reserved so what the hell, you know?

Reggo! Get on the booze! I don't care what time it is there. It's INTHISTOWNTASTIC. 1986 Bono would approve.

"Get on the booze!"
Could this be the title for Weird Al's inevitable parody of Get On Your Boots? :hmm:

There's this thing in my house called a six-year-old that I have to drive to school later. But when I get back, what the hell, I'll have a Guinness.

Thank god, port works even when it's a little over-warm.

On my last few rather disappointing capers with drinking more than three or four glasses of alcohol in one night, I had forgotten how much fun being tipsy can be! Maybe I should drink on a relatively empty stomach more often. Or perhaps the heat's just affecting me. That actually seems more probable. I do pretty much have things together, but I'm just enjoying not being so reserved so what the hell, you know?

I can imagine you're a helluva lot of fun to get drunk with, Ax.

(We didn't have enough to drink that one time. Time flew.)

It'd be inthistowntastic!

1986 Bono would be buying the last round of the night at that sort of time!

And ten minutes later, the first round of the day!

Y'see, this is why JT took so long to record - 1986 Bono was a drunk, wife's-birthday-forgetting, motorbike-offering-to-doomed-Maori-roadies hack. But a nice guy, I'm sure of it.

Oh, don't say that. You looked fine when I met you. I don't expect albines to be running around doing gymnastics outside, anyway.

I wouldn't say that to Bono, though. Soddin' mountain goat.

Thanks. I've always been conscious of my weight. I know it's not ideal. For instance, I've always swum with some sort of shirt on because I'm not comfortable being shirtless with other people around. I suppose it can't be that bad, though. I mean, that body mass index thing? I fall within the upper ranges of healthy. Probably during sluggish times I creep into above average, but I soon burn it off once I do a bit of walking, like when uni restarts or whatever.

:shocked: wait what... Axver is FAT???

Decide for yourself.

s640x480

And ten minutes later, the first round of the day!

Y'see, this is why JT took so long to record - 1986 Bono was a drunk, wife's-birthday-forgetting, motorbike-offering-to-doomed-Maori-roadies hack. But a nice guy, I'm sure of it.

Absolutely.

Another thing I like about all this inthistowntastic stuff is that it carried over to the actual studio album. The beginning of the third verse, they bugger the lyrics something awful, and left it in!

"Get on the booze!"
Could this be the title for Weird Al's inevitable parody of Get On Your Boots? :hmm:

There's this thing in my house called a six-year-old that I have to drive to school later. But when I get back, what the hell, I'll have a Guinness.

Haha that'd be brilliant.

Psh, children. I'm trying to assemble my thoughts here but I don't really know what's worthwhile to type. Glad I don't have to worry about any kids getting in the way anyway. I'm actually good with them, but god, impressionable minds? I'd turn them into ... finishing this sentence isn't worth the nightmare.

Thanks. I've always been conscious of my weight. I know it's not ideal. For instance, I've always swum with some sort of shirt on because I'm not comfortable being shirtless with other people around. I suppose it can't be that bad, though. I mean, that body mass index thing? I fall within the upper ranges of healthy. Probably during sluggish times I creep into above average, but I soon burn it off once I do a bit of walking, like when uni restarts or whatever.

Decide for yourself.

s640x480

Hm you're not fat at all. :giggle: Your clothes style on the other hand... could use a bit of reworking!

Decide for yourself.

s640x480

Yeah, see I'd say you look fine. We'll play some footy or cricket when I come over to Vic next, just for fun though, eh? Because I've sort of put on a little weight since I finished school, but it's no biggie. I think it's more to do with owning a car. Fucking things. That's why I'd like to get into a footy team this year, although it might be a bit late for that now.

Haha that'd be brilliant.

Psh, children. I'm trying to assemble my thoughts here but I don't really know what's worthwhile to type. Glad I don't have to worry about any kids getting in the way anyway. I'm actually good with them, but god, impressionable minds? I'd turn them into ... finishing this sentence isn't worth the nightmare.

i shudder to think what a child under your guidance would turn out like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom