Band of Brothers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
I just finished watching the 12th hour of this mini series on DVD

I started on Sunday

this movie is so very very impacting...probably due to the miniscule detail available to directors working with 12 hours of material.
as a history major I enjoyed how accurate it was.

emotional.

I've been dreaming about it God's sake

very good. I recommend it

I watched this religiously when it was on HBO every week - what a great show and well acted too.

Does your DVD have the extra footage where they interview the actual men portrayed in the movie? Very moving stuff....

yeah, I saw the documentary!

I watched it before I watched the movie. really helped a lot

Yeah, I watched it over Christmas vacation. It was fantastic.

Now I want to see it again!

My sons watched Band of Brothers as a series on TV and enjoyed it. The eldest wants to buy the DVD box set asap. He in particular, likes the history of warfare..not quite my cup of tea. I did watch "Stalingrad", a German-made movie with them 2 nights ago. Powerful stuff. I asked hub to hire some movies for them for the weekend we went to Brisbane. He chose all war movies, except for "Spinal Tap" :eyebrow:
PS:I've been reading all the army handouts lately. I'm slowly getting used to all the abbreviations:(at least our local sargeant wears a kilt and listens to Metallica:up:

Mrs. B, I mean Santa Claus, brought me the box set last year; it still sits in its original box - I watched the entire series on HBO - think I'll pop the set open and give it another run....great series.

I don't know a damn thing about war, was this close - to Vietnam but my Lottery # didn't come up...this show really brings it home... thanks Bassy...! :wave:

yeah, I watched most of that mini series in HBO, but I never finished it

I want to buy it, but it's too damn expensive :(

Back
Top Bottom