Band Names?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Band Names?

• Black Purple

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Purple Sabbath

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Ask someone who cares

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My husband shared the beginning of an idea with me yesterday and I get so :hyper: about these things. He's got a newish band line-up at the moment and the keyboardist is really into Deep Purple and Black Sabbath. Hub was talking to one of his old drummers yesterday, he's a great player, they used to have a heavy band together some years ago. He's keen. Our guitarist singer , who is beyond gifted and can just about sing and play anything( except "beautiful day":D..), can be talked around.

So the idea is to put a band together for the summer silly season( when the college closes down) that plays songs mainly by Deep Purple and Black Sabbath.....with a bit of Led Zepp for good measure. Hub thinks Black Purple is a good name...I myself prefer Purple Sabbath...I think people will "get it" more easily.
I LOVE watching new bands develop.
Any opinions?..( especially ones that agree with me:D...j/k)

edited because I didn't know how to post a poll...until now...it worked :faint:

Last edited:
Sorry cass, but I voted for Black Purple. :tongue: It's a simple combination of Deep Purple and Black Sabbath (as is Purple Sabbath), but Black Purple has also a nice contradiction in the name. You have two colours, black and purple, so technically black purple cannot exist. But it sounds nice!

:D

Marty

'tis OK marty...I do appreciate opinions...other than mine:)
And
I've had a vison..........just now
Black Purple!!...........reminds me of a grape.
I see a bunch of grapes on the poster.......with the guys face inside each one...a bunch of old fruits:)

see, I get :hyper: I've got posters, film clips, stage sets, costumes worked out already.
it usually amounts to nought..but that's OK. U2 once used one of my ideas, the New Year's Day film clip. I had that drawn as a story board before I saw it,'cept mine had bushland and appalosas, not snow and steaming bays. They did a better job asa it turns out:D

Back
Top Bottom