Band Names? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
View Poll Results: Band Names?
Black Purple 3 75.00%
Purple Sabbath 1 25.00%
Ask someone who cares 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2003, 01:13 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 04:52 PM
Band Names?

My husband shared the beginning of an idea with me yesterday and I get so about these things. He's got a newish band line-up at the moment and the keyboardist is really into Deep Purple and Black Sabbath. Hub was talking to one of his old drummers yesterday, he's a great player, they used to have a heavy band together some years ago. He's keen. Our guitarist singer , who is beyond gifted and can just about sing and play anything( except "beautiful day"..), can be talked around.

So the idea is to put a band together for the summer silly season( when the college closes down) that plays songs mainly by Deep Purple and Black Sabbath.....with a bit of Led Zepp for good measure. Hub thinks Black Purple is a good name...I myself prefer Purple Sabbath...I think people will "get it" more easily.
I LOVE watching new bands develop.
Any opinions?..( especially ones that agree with me...j/k)

edited because I didn't know how to post a poll...until worked

Old 11-18-2003, 01:33 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Sorry cass, but I voted for Black Purple. It's a simple combination of Deep Purple and Black Sabbath (as is Purple Sabbath), but Black Purple has also a nice contradiction in the name. You have two colours, black and purple, so technically black purple cannot exist. But it sounds nice!

Old 11-18-2003, 01:54 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 04:52 PM
'tis OK marty...I do appreciate opinions...other than mine
I've had a vison..........just now
Black Purple!!...........reminds me of a grape.
I see a bunch of grapes on the poster.......with the guys face inside each one...a bunch of old fruits

see, I get I've got posters, film clips, stage sets, costumes worked out already.
it usually amounts to nought..but that's OK. U2 once used one of my ideas, the New Year's Day film clip. I had that drawn as a story board before I saw it,'cept mine had bushland and appalosas, not snow and steaming bays. They did a better job asa it turns out