Banana, Kiribati Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I would like IT if I read it, I saw the film and went WTF? at the end. Tim Curry as a psychotic clown, though? :crack: DO. NOT. WANT.

The movie scared the SHIT out of me for some reason. And I think it's just that Tim Curry being his normal self just made that role too real :shudder:

Photo38.jpg

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. 10/10.

This really is great. It deserves its reputation. I would have read it in a single sitting but I forced myself to stop so that I could read some more of it the next day. Get it now.

IMG000222.png

I debated reviewing this one, but, what the heck, why not? I have NOT finished this...I don't know if I ever will. If Chass stumbles on this, she'll kill me. I just don't even understand the hype behind The Dark Tower, I don't. King + Westerns + Fantasy =/= fantastic. The series was at least semi-enjoyable up til this point though, but, I can't take this. I really can't. Stopping in the middle of the series for 400 pages of backstory? No thank you, please do that in a separate book for the obsessed fans. Give me a summary so I can understand what's going on. If I ever finish this book, I'll be shocked. I would like to eventually finish the series though to see wtf is going on, so I might finally just get Chass to summarize for me so I can move on.

Photo39.jpg

The Confessions by Augustine. 1/10.

What a load of over-wrought, self-absorbed drivel! I've deliberately photographed this at an angle so you can see where my bookmark is. That is as far as I got before I gave up. I haven't returned to it in ... months. I don't really intend to return to it either.

Yeah, I've stopped with books just from this year, since I have no grasp on time and can't remember what I read when, so I'm now just grabbing stuff.

Damn, I had to go and do a thing, and I missed out on book talk?! :(

Photo38.jpg

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. 10/10.

This really is great. It deserves its reputation. I would have read it in a single sitting but I forced myself to stop so that I could read some more of it the next day. Get it now.

FUCK. YES. :love:

random smiley observation # 294: The :heart: smiley beats incorrectly. The atria do not contract at the same time as the ventricles. But if it beat like a real heart, it'd be creepy. Just sayin'.

Well, in that case...

Napalm and Silly Putty - George Carlin
I've read this several times and it STILL makes me laugh still my sides ache.

Photo39.jpg

The Confessions by Augustine. 1/10.

What a load of over-wrought, self-absorbed drivel! I've deliberately photographed this at an angle so you can see where my bookmark is. That is as far as I got before I gave up. I haven't returned to it in ... months. I don't really intend to return to it either.

Yeah, I've stopped with books just from this year, since I have no grasp on time and can't remember what I read when, so I'm now just grabbing stuff.

Interesting...*makes memo*

U2 At The End Of The World - Bull Flanagan
A book that would never be allowed to be released now. Maybe that's why it's out of print. Actually interesting anecdotes about touring with U2.

Photo40.jpg

Really, the book on women's suffrage in New Zealand - which, need I remind you, was the first country in the world to give women the vote and the only modern state to do so prior to the 20th century. It broke new ground when it was published and remains definitive to this day. I've studied under Pat and she is an amazing lady.

I'm about to get to something by her brother ...

U2 At The End Of The World - Bull Flanagan
A book that would never be allowed to be released now. Maybe that's why it's out of print. Actually interesting anecdotes about touring with U2.

This is the Superthread. No U2 discussion allowed. Or else the sporks come out.

And is that book really THAT good? Everybody raves about it.

Ashley, re. The Dark Tower series...I'm hesitant to even start reading them. I absolutely love King, and I've been recommended the Dark Tower series loads of times, but it just doesn't really appeal to me :|

The Monster At The End Of This Book Starring Loveable, Furry Old Grover

I've read this to my brother so many times, I can recite it from memory.

IMG000227.png

Ok, I'm just posting this for anyone else who would realize how kick-ass it is that this book exists! Greatest gift I ever received? Possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom