Banana, Kiribati Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
picture0026.jpg

#1, The Big Sleep. Was fairly good, 6.5/10, maybe?

Really? I heard the film was quite good. It used to be a school-set text over here. The book's fairly good although probably about 40 pages too long.

I hear that too, but I know my friend who loved the book was SUPER disappointed by the film. The first time I saw the movie I was just like..."the fuck?". The second time was a lot better, but still not my favorite Bogie film by a long shot. I'll give the book a chance.

picture0032.jpg

I feel sorry for you poor bastards, having to read my book cataloguing efforts. I'll only include the fiction in here, there's a few scriptwriting books nobody needs to know about.

The Zoo Story by Edward Albee. It's a bit unfocused. There's a long monologue (ten pages!) that is mostly unnecessary. Yet it provokes some really interesting issues about human communication, and fairly well written and concise. 7/10

I hear that too, but I know my friend who loved the book was SUPER disappointed by the film. The first time I saw the movie I was just like..."the fuck?". The second time was a lot better, but still not my favorite Bogie film by a long shot. I'll give the book a chance.

Yeah, the books of most films are generally a lot better. I remember reading Jaws before seeing the movie and being "what the fuck" when Matt didn't get mauled by the shark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom