Banana, Kiribati Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why prostitution is illegal. Selling is legal. Fucking is legal. Why isn't selling fucking legal? You know, why should it be illegal to sell something that's perfectly legal to give away? I can't follow the logic on that one at all! Of all the things you can do, giving someone an orgasm is hardly the worst thing in the world. In the army they give you a medal for spraying napalm on people! In civilian life you go to jail for giving someone an orgasm!

I must've left this at home:

9780446691864_388X586.jpg

The Teacher's Edition is the best way to go about reading this, because you get the humor value of the original book, but you also get the real facts of American history, which is my specialty. I even got to write a legit paper based around the book, because my prof had read it and knew it had some value. Mixing funny and history is perfection in my eyes, and this is probably my favorite work of "non-fiction"

I got bored writing an essay, so I'm gonna regale you all with some photos.

IMG_6394.jpg

Once again, the fire really swept through the place.

IMG_6368.jpg

Playing with black and white.

IMG_6431.jpg

This photo actually annoys me, cause it reminds me that I'm still single. At the same time, I'm kind of glad I'm still single. :hmm:

This conversation is bound to turn up. Two guys in a street meet each other, and one of them says, "Hey, did you hear? Phil Davis died." "Phil Davis? I just saw him yesterday." "Yeah? … Didn't help. He died anyway. Apparently, the simple act of you seeing him did not slow his cancer down. In fact, it may have made it more aggressive. You know, you could be the cause for Phil's death. How do you live with yourself?"

Photo46.jpg

Winston's Folly: Imperialism and the Creation of Modern Iraq by Christopher Catherwood. 8.5/10.

Alternate title: WINSTON = OWNED.

Catherwood absolutely skewers Winston and a bunch of other diplomats and figures for their handling of Mesopotamia after WWI. It's a great little read, even if you aren't a history nerd like me. Plus it'll make you throw your arms up in despair whenever you watch the international news.

This either

The seven dwarfs were each on different little trips. Happy was into grass and grass alone … Happy, that's all he did. Sleepy was into reds. Grumpy, too much speed. Sneezy was a full blown coke freak. Doc was a connection. Dopey was into everything. Any old orifice will do for Dopey. He's always got his arm out and his leg up. And then, the one we always forget, because he was Bashful. Bashful didn't use drugs. He was paranoid on his own. Didn't need any help on that ladder.

Magic mushroom for them?

n705953694_1605059_4497337.jpg

Photo47.jpg

Schindler's List (aka Schindler's Ark) by Thomas Keneally. 9/10.

Fuck the movie. Read the book.

The only books I have left are all cheesy books that I've had since I was young, or stuff I haven't read yet.

Robin Williams: [spoofing Mr. Rogers] It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood... Oh damn, someone stole my sneakers. Let's do some wonderful things today, boys and girls; but first, do you mind if I take some more medication? It helps the day go a little bit slower. There we go. Now we're gonna do some wonderful experiments you can do around the house. Let's put Mr. Hamster in the microwave, okay?... He knows where he's going. BEEP! Pop goes the weasel! That's severe radiation. Can you say "severe radiation"? Oh, look, you got a little balloon now.

Beer commercials usually show big men, manly men, doing manly things: "You've just killed a small animal. It's time for a light beer." Why not have a realistic beer commercial, with a realistic title, where someone goes, "It's five o'clock in the morning. You've just pissed on a dumpster. It's Miller time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom