Balzers, Liechtenstein Superthread (200 Superthreads!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serena said yhou would :lol:

and i've had cruisers alot, with added vodka
i'll start onthe beam next
theydidnt have small ajcks, just small beam so i thought why not :sad:

I had a feeling about that!

Beam, I cannot drink Beam anymore. Maybe Jack's. How big is the bottle? Is it one of those real small five dollar ones, or the 300ml or so ones?

Yeah, as if you're not angry enough at rubbish 'historians' at the moment as it is. Wow, this guy is just retarded. I think next time I'm in Borders, I'll shift all copies of 1421 and that other stupid book of his over to fiction.

I just read it. Excuse me while I go break something.

I mean, god, WHAT THE FUCK. Seriously, WHAT THE FUCKING FUCKED FUCK. Where does he even get off with making up this drivel? I have to wonder if he even uses any critical faculties at all. What he writes just seems to be pulled out of his arse and based on some hare-brained anti-academic axe-grinding paranoia, prejudice, and his own bloated sense of self-importance and ego. What a fucking cunt. At least most educated people recognise that what he writes should be shelved in the fiction section of bookshelves. Or burnt. Keep a couple of copies as relics of what happens when you have an over-active imagination, a desire to twist sources any which way to fit your preconceived conclusions, and a severe case of stupidity, and just burn the rest in a spectacular bloody bonfire.

Gavin Menzies, go fall under a bus.

I just read it. Excuse me while I go break something.

I mean, god, WHAT THE FUCK. Seriously, WHAT THE FUCKING FUCKED FUCK. Where does he even get off with making up this drivel? I have to wonder if he even uses any critical faculties at all. What he writes just seems to be pulled out of his arse and based on some hare-brained anti-academic axe-grinding paranoia, prejudice, and his own bloated sense of self-importance and ego. What a fucking cunt. At least most educated people recognise that what he writes should be shelved in the fiction section of bookshelves. Or burnt. Keep a couple of copies as relics of what happens when you have an over-active imagination, a desire to twist sources any which way to fit your preconceived conclusions, and a severe case of stupidity, and just burn the rest in a spectacular bloody bonfire.

Gavin Menzies, go fall under a bus.

I would love to see this "hell of a lot more evidence" he has for his banal and outlandish claims.

Oh wait. No I wouldn't. But I would like to spit in his eye and burn all his money.

Oh, oh, and Gavin Menzies, a RETIRED NAVAL CAPTAIN who has NO FORMAL ACADEMIC TRAINING and has NEVER STUDIED NEW ZEALAND HISTORY in any recognisably professional context or had his work peer reviewed, has the astonishing gall to say Michael King, one of the most knowledgeable and expert people about New Zealand, "just doesn't understand New Zealand history". MICHAEL FUCKING KING FOR GOD'S SAKE?! If he doesn't understand New Zealand history, NOBODY DOES.

I mean, holy fucking god. What next? Usain Bolt just doesn't understand 100m running? Freddie Mercury just didn't understand singing? Fyodor Dosotevsky just didn't understand writing? Albert Einstein just didn't understand physics? Ugh. Unbe-fucking-lieveable. Get a grip, Menzies, and deflate that goddamn ego before it suffocates you.

Axver what's with the freaking out?

Bullshit history tends to irk me, given it's my field and all.

I'd love to meet Gavin Menzies just so I can tell him what I think of him to his face.

You guys aren't familiar with that 1421: The Year China Discovered America/The World book released a few years ago? Menzies wrote that shit. It is dismissed by every historian with a brain as essentially fiction, yet it's sold hundreds of thousands of copies and is still in "Top Ten History" sections in major bookstores. It is really, really sickening.

You guys aren't familiar with that 1421: The Year China Discovered America/The World book released a few years ago? Menzies wrote that shit. It is dismissed by every historian with a brain as essentially fiction, yet it's sold hundreds of thousands of copies and is still in "Top Ten History" sections in major bookstores. It is really, really sickening.

For the record, I own a copy of 1421. I am considering turning it into toilet paper.

I can tell how much it annoys you Axver :wink:

all right guys I'll be in and out I'm gonna play Civ IV; My civilization is on the verge of collapse :sad:

Oh my, that's desperate, John! Who are you playing as?

Koreans; I'm not really on the verge of collapse

I'm just at war with the Ottoman Empire and I'm struggling to prevent them from regaining what I've conquered from them

I managed to capture a city on their mainland; but I'm completely surrounded

So I signed a peace treaty so I could flood the city with troops and then attack the rest of their cities :wink:

I had a look at 1434 and he seems to like using exclamation points to make his point... a lot.

Yep. He also likes stupid wanky titles. "1434: The Year a Magnificent Chinese Fleet Sailed to Italy and Ignited the Renaissance."

I wonder if he wrote it just because people had so heavily emphasised the plot hole of 1421 - that it's rather strange the Chinese fleet went to every single coast on earth except Europe.

Koreans; I'm not really on the verge of collapse

I'm just at war with the Ottoman Empire and I'm struggling to prevent them from regaining what I've conquered from them

I managed to capture a city on their mainland; but I'm completely surrounded

So I signed a peace treaty so I could flood the city with troops and then attack the rest of their cities :wink:

What honour you have. Enjoy that. :up:

I was going to play AOE3 tonight, but eh. I'll do that tomorrow. I don't think my mind's in a fast enough state to think quick enough to control a military and economy at the same time.

Oh, speaking of which... in the Asian Dynasties expansion, one of the campaigns had the Chinese sailing to America. :crack: I had actually talked to the guy who was in charge of that expansion on their forums, and he was a dumb middle aged Mormon who liked America too much. I even went out of my way to tell him about the inaccuracies in the Iroquois campaign in the WarChiefs expansion, set in the American Revolutionary War. It was full of dumb patriotic bullshit. I told him how George Washington ordered the unprovoked destruction of many Iroquois villages - including some allied to America! But yeah, he'd ignore that important stuff.

Made me lose a bit of faith. But that's the good thing about games like AOE. I can play as Native Americans and kill white Americans and bastard settlers in it. :love:

Yep. He also likes stupid wanky titles. "1434: The Year a Magnificent Chinese Fleet Sailed to Italy and Ignited the Renaissance."

I wonder if he wrote it just because people had so heavily emphasised the plot hole of 1421 - that it's rather strange the Chinese fleet went to every single coast on earth except Europe.

When I saw it at first, I thought it was a parody, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom