Ball's Pyramid Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found out why Green Day delayed their album till next summer (!). The bass player's girlfriend had a baby boy. :cute: Can't be upset anymore. Mikey has a new baby.

good lord, what a crappy system. at harrah's it was calculated every 15 minutes, so if you worked from say 10:45-8:00, you'd have worked 8.25 hours. here it's calculated to the minute, so if you clock in and then right back out, you worked 0.02 hours. lol.

sometimes i honestly wonder about it departments at companies, when they do stuff like that. our department was closed from 11 pm-7 am. they were open 24/7 though. why couldn't they set it to run all the patches then, in the middle of the night?

Exactly. Our particular center is closed from midnight to 6 am. Do the damn patches then!

It's calculated by the minute here, too, but there's so many different log out codes, that they still have us lie on a time sheet we fill out ourselves. Come on, you come in 2 minutes late, it's not really worth writing down...:shifty:

OK, I just did Serena's worst card ever. It devolved from PT into a card from a crank. This is so much WTFery.

Ashley's is up next and I'm in a demented mood. Oh dear ...

OK, I just did Serena's worst card ever. It devolved from PT into a card from a crank. This is so much WTFery.

Ashley's is up next and I'm in a demented mood. Oh dear ...

Have you done mine yet? I'm sort of afraid now, given the airing of my obsession with Tre...

Exactly. Our particular center is closed from midnight to 6 am. Do the damn patches then!

It's calculated by the minute here, too, but there's so many different log out codes, that they still have us lie on a time sheet we fill out ourselves. Come on, you come in 2 minutes late, it's not really worth writing down...:shifty:
yeah, i don't get why it can't be done when everything's closed. at least here, EVERYONE pretty much works m-f, 8-5. the only ones who don't sare a couple people in the bank since our drive-through's open later, and the collections department obviously. though here it doesn't bug you unless you go to shut down your computer. amazing! you can have the updates install manually whenever you choose!

ooh, well that's good at least. wherever i've worked i had to clock in via a computer so you couldn't fudge. well, when i did temp work at my mom's old job sometimes i'd pad my sheet a little :shifty:

Have you done mine yet? I'm sort of afraid now, given the airing of my obsession with Tre...

Yeah, yours is already in the post. Don't worry, I didn't even think to insert some Green Day hate. I do make fun of you, though.

In fact, a surprising number of these cards contain insults, swearing, rants, or general crankiness.

don't feel bad, he knows about my obsession with tim finn, or anyone finn really. if i don't get a drawing of tim's 80s fro, you should be safe :up:

Oh god, I wish I could see your face when you get your card.

I'm photographing all of them and I'll post them here when everybody's received their own card. Well, except for Chass's. That one I can't post to the forum.

k, reggo will feel my pain. why don't people understand what a grace period means? 10 days means 10 days. not 12, not 15. if you're perpetually late like that, then you need to see about a due date change. i mean, it doesn't get reported to the credit bureaus till you're 30+ days late, but after that grace period you get to pay late fees galore. i just don't get why it's hard to grasp.

yeah, i don't get why it can't be done when everything's closed. at least here, EVERYONE pretty much works m-f, 8-5. the only ones who don't sare a couple people in the bank since our drive-through's open later, and the collections department obviously. though here it doesn't bug you unless you go to shut down your computer. amazing! you can have the updates install manually whenever you choose!

ooh, well that's good at least. wherever i've worked i had to clock in via a computer so you couldn't fudge. well, when i did temp work at my mom's old job sometimes i'd pad my sheet a little :shifty:

Prezactly. IT departments, FTL. Not like they actually DO anything anyway.

Yeah, it's kind of awesome. One day last week, I came in a half-hour late, but I used paid sick time for that half-hour, so I didn't even write it down. wrote 3:30 to midnight like usual and turned it in. Shawn didn't say anything, so who cares?

Prezactly. IT departments, FTL. Not like they actually DO anything anyway.

Yeah, it's kind of awesome. One day last week, I came in a half-hour late, but I used paid sick time for that half-hour, so I didn't even write it down. wrote 3:30 to midnight like usual and turned it in. Shawn didn't say anything, so who cares?
yeah. our dude writes some programs for us too, but i've worked some places where i honestly don't know what the it department did. it seemed like they waited around for someone to call and go "hurrrr ah caynt turn awn mah compootur!"

k, reggo will feel my pain. why don't people understand what a grace period means? 10 days means 10 days. not 12, not 15. if you're perpetually late like that, then you need to see about a due date change. i mean, it doesn't get reported to the credit bureaus till you're 30+ days late, but after that grace period you get to pay late fees galore. i just don't get why it's hard to grasp.

No idea. Credit card holders are idiots (myself included). I think there should be an IQ test at application and a yearly pop quiz on teh terms and conditions, and if you fail, your card gets cancelled.

I think that's why AmEx did away with the grace period. It's due on the due date, or you're fucked.

Oh god, I wish I could see your face when you get your card.

I'm photographing all of them and I'll post them here when everybody's received their own card. Well, except for Chass's. That one I can't post to the forum.

:eyebrow: Bobos?

Last edited:
It's due on the due date, or you're fucked.

I thought that was the whole point of due dates anyway.

Am I the only person who ever pays things on time? God, I forgot to pay my rent on time last month, first time that's ever happened (but they don't send me ANYTHING - no reminder, no receipt, nothing), and when the woman called from the real estate agency, as soon as she introduced herself, the first thing I blurted out was "oh shit! I'll pay it right now!"

I thought that was the whole point of due dates anyway.

Am I the only person who ever pays things on time? God, I forgot to pay my rent on time last month, first time that's ever happened (but they don't send me ANYTHING - no reminder, no receipt, nothing), and when the woman called from the real estate agency, as soon as she introduced herself, the first thing I blurted out was "oh shit! I'll pay it right now!"

Yes. Yes, you are. :sad:

No idea. Credit card holders are idiots (myself included). I think there should be an IQ test at application and a yearly pop quiz on teh terms and conditions, and if you fail, your card gets cancelled.

I think that's why AmEx did away with the grace period. It's due on the due date, or you're fucked.
yeah, people don't get a grace period is the company being NICE. you get no late fees for however many days even though you're late. i am very rarely late, if i am it's because my payday fell after the bill was due (that's very rare as you get bills in enough advance to where if that happened, i could pay with the closest paycheck) and very occasionally i just forget. i put a bill to the side or it gets buried and i go :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom