Ball's Pyramid Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, I'm actually Bono. I'll be at your place in 10 minutes. Look prepared.

See, this is my gut reaction: if you actually believe it is Bono, you'd probably have also believed the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein. In other words, it's your own bloody fault.

But I'll go and read the thread and see what I make of it.

See, this is my gut reaction: if you actually believe it is Bono, you'd probably have also believed the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein. In other words, it's your own bloody fault.

It's the happy look on her face in the picture that kills me, tbh.

See that's my thing. This girl was doing nothing wrong. She WORKED at the restaurant. This fellow called AHEAD and said he was Bono and that he was coming. She was excited he was going to meet her and all of this shit. And then he's a fake? That's not just shitty of HIM but it's GOT to look bad on bono as well, you know. I know you said it's not, but I just don't see how it's not illegal for someone to go around pretending to be someone they're not like that.

I'm sure you could easily rally up a fairly significant number of people who have been fooled by this dickhead. I'm really not familiar with US laws, but here it would be an unfortunate series of occurrences, or at the worst he may be fined for being a public nuisance. It's all petty stuff though and not worth pursuing. That's all for here. I know your courts have a no tolerance policy. And this aside, he doesn't strike me as the type of guy to ever quit this. He's getting his worth out of it - whatever that might actually be.

I'm sure you could easily rally up a fairly significant number of people who have been fooled by this dickhead. I'm really not familiar with US laws, but here it would be an unfortunate series of occurrences, or at the worst he may be fined for being a public nuisance. It's all petty stuff though and not worth pursuing. That's all for here. I know your courts have a no tolerance policy. And this aside, he doesn't strike me as the type of guy to ever quit this. He's getting his worth out of it - whatever that might actually be.

Yeah, I don't even think it really would be a big thing unless he was going around doing things that speak poorly of Bono's character. But really he's just speaking poorly of his own character.

Ah well. It's not me, so I'm not too worked up about it. I just can't help but feel bad is all.

No. For someone who doesn't know the band like we do(man that sounds sick) a random with sunglasses, short hair and big shoes could be Bono. 'random' people don't see the difference.
He's wrong in claiming he's Bono and let people believe he is. He fucking makes a LIVING out of pretending he's Bono!

Yeah, I don't even think it really would be a big thing unless he was going around doing things that speak poorly of Bono's character. But really he's just speaking poorly of his own character.

Ah well. It's not me, so I'm not too worked up about it. I just can't help but feel bad is all.

I know, and agree. It makes me pretty irritated even. Can't imagine how it is for these poor fans who are so sincerely keen to meet him. I'd just be a dumbstruck moron if I ever did meet him. "um.... hi? [squeak]"
:faint:

And then I'd kick myself for being a teenager about it all.
:doh:

Well, sure. As a punchingbag.

I was thinking of forming "U2" out of Pavel, Fake Edge, myself, and a baboon.

My response is still that they got Kunstmuseumed, with the qualification that it's not fair when you aren't doing it to people who should know better.

I know, and agree. It makes me pretty irritated even. Can't imagine how it is for these poor fans who are so sincerely keen to meet him. I'd just be a dumbstruck moron if I ever did meet him. "um.... hi? [squeak]"
:faint:

And then I'd kick myself for being a teenager about it all.
:doh:

I'd probably do the same thing, or hyperventilate before they came anywhere near me :reject:

I was thinking of forming "U2" out of Pavel, Fake Edge, myself, and a baboon.

My response is still that they got Kunstmuseumed, with the qualification that it's not fair when you aren't doing it to people who should know better.

Uh, why the baboon? The current drummer already is one. You should go with someone with talent, like, at least a chimp or so.

Uh, why the baboon? The current drummer already is one. You should go with someone with talent, like, at least a chimp or so.

Why? I want to imitate the real U2: a total knob, a guy who actually knows how to use computers, a guy who doesn't know how to play bass, and a baboon.

Why? I want to imitate the real U2: a total knob, a guy who actually knows how to use computers, a guy who doesn't know how to play bass, and a baboon.

Yea but you want to imitate them, using a baboon would not be imitating.

Also, Adam CAN play bass, he's just lazy at it. :wink:

I improvised for the first time in my life today. :D It was fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom