Balding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
[color=royal blue]Just wondering if anyone knew

why is hair loss more common in men than in women?

Is it a hormoney thing?
[/color]

Salome said:
men become less atached to stuff they don't really need

so then why must their women have a lot of hair? doesn't seem to matter if it's pretty hair, or healthy hair, or a flattering hair style...they just want quantity (massive generalization there of course)

yep, it's from some hormone/chemical called DHT:

The simple facts of hair loss.

Hair follicles can die. Sadly, some follicles slowly shrink and die in the presence of DHT. This causes 95% of all hair loss. DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) is created naturally inside your body when the enzyme 5 alpha reductase combines with the hormone testosterone. In both men and women, it's called androgenetic alopecia. Your follicles aren't blocked, malnourished or suffering from poor circulation. They're dying from DHT. Anything that will stop hair loss or regrow hair must block DHT or overpower its effects. This can only occur at the molecular level inside your body.

I have it too, dammit! :mad: There's stuff out there to combat it, like Rogaine, but you have to use it the rest of your life once you start. Here's my thoughts on the matter:

Attachments

• slide1.bmp
    161.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
women lose lotsa hair too. howEVER their bodies are better at making and keeping proteins. that is, until they start having babies. then you gotta work at keeping vital things in yer body. lotsa pregnant women consciously intake more proteins to supplement the loss they are experiencing as their babies steal everything from their body.

another time when women tend to lose more hair is during and after menopause. this is a time when estrogen decreases and testosterone increases. this is why old women tend to have mustaches and side burns.

also, when menstruating, women will regain a lot of lost hair. this is because so many hormones are in surplus in her body. also, a womans physiology will make her look more attractive to males, thus making hair stronger. also, skin becomes more oily to create a "shiny" and more healthy look. now you know.

Lilly said:
women lose lotsa hair too. howEVER their bodies are better at making and keeping proteins. that is, until they start having babies. then you gotta work at keeping vital things in yer body. lotsa pregnant women consciously intake more proteins to supplement the loss they are experiencing as their babies steal everything from their body.

another time when women tend to lose more hair is during and after menopause. this is a time when estrogen decreases and testosterone increases. this is why old women tend to have mustaches and side burns.

also, when menstruating, women will regain a lot of lost hair. this is because so many hormones are in surplus in her body. also, a womans physiology will make her look more attractive to males, thus making hair stronger. also, skin becomes more oily to create a "shiny" and more healthy look. now you know.

:eyebrow:

*cough*NERD*cough*

*runs*

I just want to know, why is it that guys want their girls to have lots of pretty hair, but if some of us girls want a guy to have lots of pretty hair we get jumped on and told how it doesn't matter and we are terrible or something for caring about what hair looks like? Tell me the truth, how many of you dudes are turned on by feckin Sinead O'Connor?!

Spray On Hair ...
p16303b.jpg

I have always wanted to get a can of this stuff just to see what it is like ... Can I spray it on any object and make it hairy, like a lamp or a table?

Back
Top Bottom