Bald Knob, Arkansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damnit, my choc apple muffins are too wet. Added too much liquid, especially at the butter stage. Well, let's see how this turns out anyway ...

A- :ohmy:

What were your thoughts on the closing trio?

:wave: Morning, PFan. Thought the mark might surprise you a little. I actually enjoyed Here Comes The Sun even more in your list than when I listened to Abbey Road, which I find kind of worrying. Led well into the Bob Dylan song. Both the Dylan and Springsteen songs, I'm neither crazy about nor really negative towards.

I'm sure such a classic closing trio will appeal to most voters rather strongly.

Yep. I've used U2, Passengers, The Edge, and Bono with Clannad all on the same list (DI III).

Sweeeet. :up:

I haz a cunning plan. Well, I think I'm going to abandon the crap plan I had before, and actually try to make one coherent thing rather than two smaller ones.

160 minutes is a lot to wrestle into coherence, though! I'm used to working in one-CD chunks.

Ah well.

Toodles! :wave:

.... Thomas cracks me up. :lol:

Question: If there's a George Harrison song I want to use, but the version I like is an early take/demo from when he was still with the Beatles, does that count as the Beatles or George solo?

So did you wake up slumped over your computer or something? :wink:

I managed to wander over to my bed at some point, but this screen was still up on Page 57 of the last thread, and I woke up with my iPod in my hand and the headphones still on.

I haz a cunning plan. Well, I think I'm going to abandon the crap plan I had before, and actually try to make one coherent thing rather than two smaller ones.

160 minutes is a lot to wrestle into coherence, though! I'm used to working in one-CD chunks.

Ah well.

Toodles! :wave:

.... Thomas cracks me up. :lol:

I hope it's better than a Baldrick-style cunning plan. :wink: Personally, I'm so used to the DI format now that when I make CDs, I routinely fly over the 80 minute mark and find it hard to edit things down.

:lol: I'm enjoying this new avatar for the moment.

Have a good night! :wave:

Question: If there's a George Harrison song I want to use, but the version I like is an early take/demo from when he was still with the Beatles, does that count as the Beatles or George solo?

It's an official release, right? To whom is it credited on the release? That'll determine who it falls under.

It's an official release, right? To whom is it credited on the release? That'll determine who it falls under.
Crap, then it counts as The Beatles. It's on one of the Anthology CDs. I don't want to use my Fabs song on a Georgie demo. :hmm:

:wave: Morning, PFan. Thought the mark might surprise you a little. I actually enjoyed Here Comes The Sun even more in your list than when I listened to Abbey Road, which I find kind of worrying. Led well into the Bob Dylan song. Both the Dylan and Springsteen songs, I'm neither crazy about nor really negative towards.

I'm sure such a classic closing trio will appeal to most voters rather strongly.

Interesting.

The Dylan song is one of his better ones, not one that would bore you like some probably would. The Springsteen track really has something going for it, but it's certainly not everyone either.

Maybe my framing of HCTS made it better than The Beatles did. :wink:

Wow, so Ali's out-postwhored me two evenings in a row. :ohmy:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 169
User Name Posts
Alisaura 50
Axver 47
JanuaryStar 27
Galeongirl 18
RegularBonoFan 12
mysterious_jen 6
phillyfan26 5
WildHoney 1
Eazy-V 1
coolian2 1
bono_212 1

Holy crap dude. First Serena, now Ali...:reject: Tis sign of apocalypse. Axver gettin out postwhored...

Interesting.

The Dylan song is one of his better ones, not one that would bore you like some probably would. The Springsteen track really has something going for it, but it's certainly not everyone either.

Maybe my framing of HCTS made it better than The Beatles did. :wink:

Yeah, the Springsteen track feels like it's lacking something to me, though I can't quite put my finger on what. Still, not a bad song by any means.

Hah, well, having a song I rather like such as Life And How To Live It before HCTS certainly set me up positively.

Just listening to my own playlist for the second time tonight. Of all the playlists I've made, I think this one is the one that I find most listenable on a personal level. DI III is probably still better but I don't play that much. Admittedly, this playlist was originally designed not for DI but for my own listening. It just conveniently fits DI criteria.

Holy crap dude. First Serena, now Ali...:reject: Tis sign of apocalypse. Axver gettin out postwhored...

:laugh:

I'll be back in university next week, so my posting will go down.

I also expect Vazza to thoroughly out-postwhore me in some threads once she gets to Switzerland and has good Internet access in September. It'll be like the early days. :up:

OK, moment of truth for the choc apple muffins ...

... holy shit, I think they've worked out. Maybe a bit much sugar, but wow. The texture is actually fine. They weren't too wet after all.

:tsk: only two pages!

Ax, there's NO such thing as too much sugar! just doesn't exist!

Heh, no, something's a bit strong here. I should've used more flour. I also wish I'd had more apple left.

Ah well, either way, I now have 20 days of muffins. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom