Bald Knob, Arkansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that if it did get out of its cage on its own and out into the vast Fredericton downtown core.. it might've been ingested by a big 'ol bird.

It would be nice if they found it though.

A few months ago someone stole a baby monkey from the local zoo, luckily that one ended well. The baby was returned etc.

:hmm: i'm too out of it to think, how long after the album's release do they generally go on tour?

Typically a few months if it comes out in the fourth quarter of the year. Here's the pattern, going from UF (since earlier is a bit of a mess):

Album release month / tour start month
UF: October '84 / August '84
JT: March '87 / April '87
RAH isn't really applicable
Achtung: November '91 / February '92
Zooropa isn't really applicable either
Pop: March '97 / April '97
ATYCLB: October '00 / March '01
HTDAAB: November '04 / March '05

So, for three of the four relevant examples (UF, Achtung, ATYCLB, HTDAAB), it's been a few months.

Yeah, I don't know how he's stayed sane all these years. I mean, he did some production work on Zooropa and did a good job with it, so I'm surprised he hasn't gone on to do even more!
And Pop. Edge wanted to go that whole club/dance music route and they hired different producers for that. Pop is brilliant. It's my favourite U2 album. No, seriously. TJT is #2 (although the playlist you sent me is growing on me), but Pop is #1. Smart artists either change producers more than once a decade or start producing themselves. That's all I'm sayin'. Especially if they want to reinvent themselves.

Have we been talking about ice cream? Why do I have an ad for ice cream makers at Target at the top of the page?

:shrug: Icecream, muffins, coke, lemonade, sprite, squash, chocolate, sugar.....

I have this....

8c70cd13.jpg

i remember the uf tour started before the album's release in australia/nz. wasn't that tour called under australian skies? or am i confusing it with another tour?

That's the one. Under Australian Skies was really just the War Tour in disguise with Pride, UF, and occasionally Wire and ASOH slotted into a fairly typical War set, but it's clearly part of the UF era and I count it as the UF Tour's first leg on U2gigs.

That's the one. Under Australian Skies was really just the War Tour in disguise with Pride, UF, and occasionally Wire and ASOH slotted into a fairly typical War set, but it's clearly part of the UF era and I count it as the UF Tour's first leg on U2gigs.
that's what i thought. i view it as kind of a pre-uf tour, since they debuted a few songs from the album on there. i wouldn't consider it war-era, especially not with his mullet :giggle: that's a uf mullet, not a war one :lol:

And Pop. Edge wanted to go that whole club/dance music route and they hired different producers for that. Pop is brilliant. It's my favourite U2 album. No, seriously. TJT is #2 (although the playlist you sent me is growing on me), but Pop is #1. Smart artists either change producers more than once a decade or start producing themselves. That's all I'm sayin'. Especially if they want to reinvent themselves.

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed they keep returning to their past producers. It just feels too safe. I can see why they do it; they're comfortable with Lanois and Eno. But I wish they'd challenge themselves a bit more. And challenge themselves to make an album in a short timeframe rather than just dawdle along for a few years ...

well, I also rented a Peter Gabriel I hadn't heard yet (Up). I'm gonna listen to that first, then I'll give that other REM album a go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom