Badfinger: No Dice, Straight Up, Wish You Were Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
I've got 3 albums uploaded from sharing them with my brother:

No Dice (1970)
Straight Up (1972)
Wish YouWere Here (1974)

It's some of the best guitar pop you'll ever hear.

Mindblowing melodic stuff.

Links are still active. If anyone wants, leave your email.

Then we can discuss.

And good things start to happen.

VertigoGal, have you ever heard Aimee Mann's cover of Badfinger's "Baby Blue"?

then comes one of Bob Ross's "happly little accidents"...

...Martha, have you ever heard Aimee Mann's cover of "Baby Blue"?

No Matter What is one of the best songs ever. Hands down.

Badfinger - power pop at its finest! :up:

Awesome music :up:

The lead singer sounds a little like McCartney sometimes.

Does anyone have their breakthrough album Magic Christian Music?

Last edited:
U2Man said:
Awesome music :up:

The lead singer sounds a little like McCartney sometimes.

I'd only ever known their hits (Day After Day was my favourite), but listening to Straight Up, I was surprised at how blatently Beatle-esque some of the other songs were. A few of them sound like they could have come from side two of Abbey Road. Given the era that SU was recorded, that's understandable, though.

I really liked it. Thanks, Brau. :up:

VintagePunk said:

I'd only ever known their hits (Day After Day was my favourite), but listening to Straight Up, I was surprised at how blatently Beatle-esque some of the other songs were. A few of them sound like they could have come from side two of Abbey Road. Given the era that SU was recorded, that's understandable, though.

I really liked it. Thanks, Brau. :up:

George Harrison gets a production credit on "Straight Up." He played some slide guitar on "Day After Day."

VintagePunk said:

yeah I'm definitely noticing the same thing. really good stuff.

MrBrau1 said:

George Harrison gets a production credit on "Straight Up." He played some slide guitar on "Day After Day."

Do you know if the song on Magic Christian Music that McCartney gave them is any good?

For some strange reason I always thought 'No Matter What' was written by the Beatles for Badfinger :der: :reject: You can definitely listen to the song and hear the Beatles singing it. I only know the couple of hits they had...

for those of you that don't know it...there's a badfinger best of available. not a single weak track on it. stellar material.

I've recently gotten "Ass", their 1973 album.

GREAT album cover.

Badfinger%20-%20Ass.jpg

As I understand it, the record bombed. Yet it's got some shining moments of pure guitar power pop, most notably "The Winner", "Get Away", & "Blind Owl."

This band really is a great secret. The big singles are huge, and the album cuts are fantastic. Very Beatlesque, but with WAY more guitar play. And for all you folks who like "dark" music, 2 of the main members killed themselves. That's cool, right?

Oh yeah, "Meanwhile Back At The Ranch/Should I Smoke" is one of the best things ever. I'm on like 15 plays in the past week.

Badfinger are better than Big Star.

There, I said it.

4 songwriters are better than 2.

They're the champs of 70's power pop.

Last edited:
"It's Over" is the next "best thing ever."

And for those of you with the "Best Of" album, how insane is it that "I'll Be The One" was never heard until the "Best Of" was put out?

Apple regarded it as worthless?

It's possibly the best country/rock song ever. Wilco would kill for a song like this.

It's one ofthe best songs I've ever heard. And I've heard all the best songs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom