Bad Decisions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
What albums in the recent or longtime past have you regretted buying after waiting for the release date with much anticipation?

For me, Metallica's St. Anger jumps out like a giraffe in dark glasses trying to blend into a polar bear's only golf club!

:angry:

All that you cant leave behind was the biggest standout disappointment for me in many, many years. U2's have been pretty much the only I've waited with baited breath for, in general. Not anymore, but back then it was so.

It was probably the Smashing Pumpkins' Machina: The Machines of God. :huh:

Funny how we all have different tastes though. While Angela Harlem was disappointed with ALYCLB, it really threw things into high gear for me because it was so different than POP. I was in complete awe of their range.

Angela Harlem said:
All that you cant leave behind was the biggest standout disappointment for me in many, many years. U2's have been pretty much the only I've waited with baited breath for, in general. Not anymore, but back then it was so.
same here. i remember getting it the day it came out and being utterly disappointed with the album.

How To Disappear Completely and the rest of Kid A are absolutely stunning IMO, but to each his own. :up:

ATYCLB to me, wasn't as much of a disappointment (Beautiful Day wasn't but Stuck was) compared to the absolute vile piece of trash called St. Anger! :yuck:

angelordevil said:
Those who don't like Kid A are either very old, or not intelligent enough to appreciate it.

:p

:madspit:

Kid A turned me off Radiohead.

Before that album, I'd bought bootlegs and went to several concerts, which were amazing.

It was like someone in RH threw a switch, from "brilliant", to "head up ass".

This is completely off the subject (although in my defence I trying to think of albums which would fit here), but here goes....

Several years I was driving along and a squirrel ran across the street in front of me and was out of danger. ...and then the damned little thing turned back around and dashed right back in front of my car. Needless to say, that little guy went to meet his little squirrely maker. :sad: Well, I was pretty upset and my mum who was riding with me piped up with "well...can you help it that the squirrel made a bad decision?" :laugh:

the postal service - give up

i only bought it because pax put "the district sleeps alone tonight" on an ICDE mix, and i thought it was the greatest thing ever. i still think it's an amazing song, but the rest of the album blows goats.

probably Doves - Some Cities for me.

i really like Doves and their previous album The Last Broadcast was superb. The first single from Some Cities (black and white town) was great and i got really excited for the album but it was a real let down when i bought it. it was just a bit dull and had no other great stand out tracks. a shame really..

I'd have to agree with KidA to be honest. I'd just gotten into The Bends at the time it was released but when I bought that, before taking it back, it put me right off delving any deeper for a few years.
I can appreciate it a bit more now, but it's no great.

Lifeblood by the Manic Street Preachers hasn't ever grown on me, and Get Behind Me Satan is really only 'coaster' material.

Kid A is better than ATYCLB. and I wasn't disappointed with ATYCLB in the least, I fucking love it. U2 has never truly disappointed me.

kid a and ATYCLB are apples and oranges, and you guys are idiots for comparing the two.

Billy Corgan's solo record completely and totally disappointed me. i loved everything the pumpkins did (including Machina I and II), but that solo record stinks. my copy has been played exactly once, not likely to be repeated. what a turd.:mad:

Hail To The Thief. That was easily more disappointing for me than Kid A. Kid A is at least interesting in terms of soundscapes and kind of has a soul in there somewhere. HTTT is mostly RH in their version of middle of the road and they don't really convince me of a reason to be in the middle of the road.

I should thank God every day that U2 released ATYCLB. If they hadn't I wouldn't be a U2 fan today, maybe not even as big of a music fan as I am. And I never would have gotten to see U2 perform People Get Ready with Bruce Springsteen. :D

Back
Top Bottom