Bad Ads (Photoshop Godliness)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
Worth1000, I want to marry you and we can live in the countryside. :drool:

http://www.worth1000.com/cache/cont...1155&start=1&end=10&display=photoshop#entries

my faves:

253855DjLH_w.jpg

253920FKNJ_w.jpg

254024NSUR_w.jpg

253821tYBX_w.jpg

253728wDFC_w.jpg

253869BHJF_w.jpg

253831FKnJ_w.jpg

253805LQsp_w.jpg

253647DIkh_w.jpg

I love the PC/MAC one!

Mac guy irritates me more than Canadian Tire guy. Each time I see one of those adverts, I feel like throwing my Apple iPod - which mysteriously stopped working after a year - at his face.

Wow!! My Ipod mysteriously stopped working after 55 weeks of operation - 3 weeks out of its warranty...

this might deserve its own thread...

Mine died just a few weeks outside of its warranty as well... $400 down the drain, just like that. I've vowed to never buy another Apple product ever again.

Your computers might not get viruses, but at least the bloody things don't stop working after a few months! :mad:

GibsonGirl said:
Your computers might not get viruses, but at least the bloody things don't stop working after a few months! :mad:

:| I'm sure it's repairable. It might cost $100+ or something but if a computer costs just the same to repair if it breaks down like that. It just seems like zomgsomuchmoney because iPods don't cost as much.
But if you think about it, an iPod is basically a computer complete with a screen. Limited tasks, obviously. But it's the hard drive that's important.

</rant>

That's why you buy an extended warranty! :shame:

ETA-
This is my favorite photoshopped ad ever:

centipedes2fw.jpg

Nothing will ever beat it.

Regarding the broken iPods, check the credit card terms/benefits for the card you used for the purhcase. Many companies automatically double the warranty period for gold or platinum cards(and sometimes others too). I've never used it though.

PlaTheGreat said:

:| I'm sure it's repairable. It might cost $100+ or something but if a computer costs just the same to repair if it breaks down like that. It just seems like zomgsomuchmoney because iPods don't cost as much.
But if you think about it, an iPod is basically a computer complete with a screen. Limited tasks, obviously. But it's the hard drive that's important.

</rant>

That's why you buy an extended warranty! :shame:

ETA-
This is my favorite photoshopped ad ever:

centipedes2fw.jpg

Nothing will ever beat it.

I know I can probably repair it, but it just doesn't seem worth it. :sad: If I'm paying a fourth of the price just to get it fixed, I might as well just buy a newer, better iPod. But I don't want to do that, because it doesn't seem worth it to buy something that's going to last for a year. My old Discman lasted me just over five years before it broke, and it was a fraction of the price.

Centipedes? In my vagina? Still the best. :drool: I laughed myself silly when I first saw that!

GibsonGirl said:
I might as well just buy a newer, better iPod.
:drool:
My old Discman lasted me just over five years before it broke, and it was a fraction of the price.
Yeah but think about what a Discman is in comparison to an iPod.

I still say to stick with Apple and just invest in an extended warranty. I've not had any problems with this iPod thus far. :shrug:

Centipedes? In my vagina? Still the best. :drool: I laughed myself silly when I first saw that!

As did I! :lol:

GibsonGirl said:

I know I can probably repair it, but it just doesn't seem worth it. :sad: If I'm paying a fourth of the price just to get it fixed, I might as well just buy a newer, better iPod. But I don't want to do that, because it doesn't seem worth it to buy something that's going to last for a year. My old Discman lasted me just over five years before it broke, and it was a fraction of the price.

Hey I still use a discman! Had it for years. And unlike and iPod, it plays and infinite amount of music. 500 songs on one disc....so yeah you have to bring along a few discs, but it's like a $25 gadget. 2000 songs for $25 :drool:

PlaTheGreat said:
:tsk:

No organization in a Discman.

:yes: It indexes all the mp3s so they are sorted alphabetically. You can make playlists (or programs I think the discman calls it). Good stuff, really!

GibsonGirl said:
Mine died just a few weeks outside of its warranty as well... $400 down the drain, just like that. I've vowed to never buy another Apple product ever again.

When did manufacturers decide that products need to have a 'shelf life'? - Back in my day, companies made things to last. They didnt set out to make you a lifelong 'subscriber' of a product, but rather an 'owner'....

*rant over*

Back
Top Bottom