Bacon, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha.

You know, I don't agree with the conclusions this 1880 editorial from the North Otago Times reaches, but its start is AWESOME:

Now that the session is over the usual stereotyped twaddle about the fruitlessness of the legislutive labors is being extensively foisted upon a long-sufforing public. Turgid commonplaces about what has been, what might have been, and should have been are the order of the day. A vast quantity of ink is wasted in expatiating on the amount of time wasted in useless talk, as though all Parliaments were not pre-eminently talking shops, and as though the gifted mortals whom enlightened electors delight to send to colonial Parliaments were not babblers par excellence. Others rail at the members of the Assembly on account of the small amount of actual work that has been done during the session. But if these critics knew their trade, and understood what was best for the country, and had a true appreciation of the capacities of our legislators they would be gratified at this result — they would feel that, in the interests of the commonwealth, about the best thing Parliament can do is — nothing.

Also, the computer generated text of the newspaper scan renderred 'legislative' as 'legislutive'. I choose to leave that untouched.

The C3 Rating refers to ratings for commercials in a program
* Live viewing + DVR within 3 days are what are recorded
* The take the average of the ratings for all of the total commercial minutes in a show, not individual commercials.

Oh, I'm already working on something!

But I don't really care if we use it or not. I'm sure I'll use it at some point in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom