Background Checks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Come on, Interference...help me out at work! :laugh:

We're dissatisfied with the method we currently use for employee background checks, so I'm investigating alternative options. Ideally, it would allow us to do criminal, driving, and credit checks. I'm doing a comparitive list and have found a few, but I was just wondering if anybody could suggest a company or program that they have experience with.

Thanks in advance! :wave:

There are a number of on-line vendors that offer such service, however, be aware of those that might be out for your credit card number...

Also, remember to get a signed-release from each applicant before you even type in his/her name; without a release, I would not consider any application regardless of how the person might seem face-to-face...

Let me ask you, just how much detail are you wanting? I use a service that covers the US...:hmm: you'd better email me...

Thanks, Mr. Baw! :) Could you PM me an email address I could reach you at? Or just shoot me an email so I can reply to it.

I'm not aware with your local resources...the laws in Michigan and CA may be totally different...there is no one here, other than law enforcement and similar entities, that can obtain driver license information.

I can access criminal information via my provider but from my experience its not current, possibly 6 to 8 months behind because they, too, buy the information from the courts...

Getting a credit check done is a totally different animal; signatures required, etc. If I were you, I'd look for an experienced Investigation company whose owner touts that he is former FBI or other law-enforcement in that State; those guys can usually come up with what you need.....

In CA, an advertising investigator is required to display his license #; also, many states have PI lists through the State agency; you should check the PI's background and discipline record which is available to the public....good luck!

Mr. BAW said:
I'm not aware with your local resources...the laws in Michigan and CA may be totally different...there is no one here, other than law enforcement and similar entities, that can obtain driver license information.

In MI you can get someone else's driving/vehicle record for $7 if you have a permissible reason - PIs and employers are among said reasons.

BC, a PM is coming your way. :)

My state has it's own investigation agency which is state regulated (sort of like the FBI but on state level) that businesses as well as state agencies use for a small fee. Maybe your state has the same type of deal - contact your state's Attorney General's office for more info.

I had to go through a drug test, fingerprint, credit, 10 year work history AND crimina/drivingl background for my current job.

You know....they don't want just anyone around those that are able to fly. :up:

They just started finger printing school employees here in IL. I guess they finally figured out that it would be a good idea if they knew if someone was a child molester/abuser or not.

Back
Top Bottom