Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
This is one of the great film trilogies of all time. Oh, how I love these films. From 'The Doc' to Marty McFly to Biff to the flying, time-traveling Delorean, to all the intracacies of how doing this in x year will make everything different in y year, to all the plotholes that probably have valid explanations after all(you may have missed one of The Doc's wild-eyed, paniced, fast-paced explanations), to the filmmakers' depictions of 1955, 1985, 2015, and 1885, these are classic. Even the score is awesome.

Appreciate them!

Back To The Future Trilogy :drool:

haha, I wish I still had the pictures, years ago when I was a kid, My friend Johnny and I built hoverboards in my gramps backyard, ropes attached from tree to tree on my Christian Hosoi skateboard deck, it was so much fun until you fell off. I love the outtakes on the dvd of Marty acting like a Cholo.

flux_capacitor_t-shirt.jpg

"Are you chicken, McFLY?"

:mad:

I remember that the fisrt few time I saw that picture, when I was like 5-7 years old, around 1990, I trully believed that the song that Marty played was a song form Led Zeppellin :|

At least I knew Led Zeppellin existed, and I was like 7... the only thing is that I didn't know what the hell they played.

Years later I found out that song was Johnny B Good, and later that it was of Chuck Berry

anyway... this is a song that your kids are gonna love :dancing: :dance: :lock:

There's NO other trilogy as perfect as this one... no, not LOTR, no Star Wars... BACK TO THE FUTURE, BABY :rockon:

The first real movie trilogy I was exposed to, when I was 5, and I've loved it ever since. Marty McFly is my hero, other thna Bono.

The first 2 are my favorite movies of all time.

Quite possibly the smartest trio of movies made in the last 30 years.

It's sad that I've seen the movies so many times that I probably know them better than anything, lol.

The Greatest Car Ever
t2gta1dmc.jpg

If I could find a good Delorean, I'd trade in my truck for it. No lie.

I don't get the Deloreans jokes on the miovie...

was that a cheap car or something?.. or the other way around?

When Marty says "you made a time machine... off a Delorean?" I don't get what he means... :scratch:

I find the car real sweet actually... like a lamborghini, but a little uglier

pepokiss said:
I don't get the Deloreans jokes on the miovie...

was that a cheap car or something?.. or the other way around?

When Marty says "you made a time machine... off a Delorean?" I don't get what he means... :scratch:

I find the car real sweet actually... like a lamborghini, but a little uglier

Its because the guy who made that car, went to jail for cocaine or something.

Yep it was cocaine, and a lot of people didn't like the car, there weren't many sold if I'm not mistaken.....so being the car was named after the guy who designed it, it kind of became a joke.

Hehe I just thought Marty's surprise was because a car isn't the first place I (or the writers) would put a time machine in either :)

But I loved these movies from the very first time I watched them. The first is one of my all-time favourites and I prefer the second to the third (more time travel, less romantic western). THAT score is just as classic as Star Wars or Indy Jones IMO and I love how the scene when Marty goes 'back to the future' at the end of the first film is in all three *grins*

I love how everything ties into that Clocktower in 1955 for some reason.

Also, Saturday, November 12th, 2005 will be exactly 50 years since Marty went "back to the future"

The van scene in the mall parking lot was so intense!! I think that may have been my first taste of feeling sorrow for a fictional character, when Doc gets shot.

And then pure joy later when, fully alive, he yells at Marty about all the "jigawatts" needed to power the time circuits...and how he's got to bring the Delorean to that magical 88 miles per hour...ahh, the memories...:wink:

as I understand it, the Delorean wasn't a production car...I believe it was hand-made

U2democrat said:
I'm particularly partial to the first one, because it took place on Nov. 5, 1985 and I was born on Nov. 5, 1986 :D

Great movies :up:

So, it's an "classic" that us old folk mumble about.

Great movies :up:

I agree, these are 3 great films:up:

I had a Back to the Future computer game on my Sinclair ZX spectrum 128k computer (it loaded up via a tape, lol!).

I was reading Michael J. Fox's memoir (Lucky Man) in which he talked about how he had an accident on the third film when filming a stunt, which led him to going to a neurologist where he first discovered he had Parkinsons. It was quite sad reading this, as Michael J. Fox was one of my fave actors when I was a kid and I loved the Back to The Future films :(

LemonMacPhisto said:
I love how everything ties into that Clocktower in 1955 for some reason.

Also, Saturday, November 12th, 2005 will be exactly 50 years since Marty went "back to the future"

Yes! The Clocktower! We should all watch the trilogy on Nov. 12 2005~!

Back
Top Bottom