Baby please come home... and DESCRIBE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, my parents had paid the final 100 bucks on my ipod, but i actually got that last week. it was my main present though. i also got some lotion/bubble bath stuff from my cousin, a book of sudoku puzzles, a calendar, and one of those loofa things for the shower :wink:

plus some chocolate

Ipod, huh? :cool:

Everybody seems to be getting it! Both my roommates have it now. I may be the only one in America who hasn't got it yet. :huh: :wink:

Zootlesque said:

Everybody seems to be getting it! Both my roommates have it now. I may be the only one in America who hasn't got it yet. :huh: :wink:

I have the U2 iPod (well actually I stole it from my mom) :happy:

There's kind of a story behind it though.

My mom and I wanted to go to the Brooklyn concert last November but my Dad didn't want us going. Once he saw how much fun we would've had, he felt really bad and came home with the U2 iPod :)

holy bejesus....the grandparents have arrived like 3 hours early! and where am i but sitting pretty much naked in my room in front of the computer? :lol:

must get dressed and greet the guests...i wonder if i'll be able to get back on tonight :crack:

see you guys later, have a good xmas and everything else :wave:

VertigoGal said:
holy bejesus....the grandparents have arrived like 3 hours early! and where am i but sitting pretty much naked in my room in front of the computer? :lol:

must get dressed and greet the guests...i wonder if i'll be able to get back on tonight :crack:

see you guys later, have a good xmas and everything else :wave:

<still in pajamas eventhough everyone's over :)

I'm not planning to get changed out of them either :laugh:

hey zoot :wink:

must. get. away. i hate being around old people. i know that sounds awful, but i don't think i'm make too big of a generalization. because all of their mindsets are so completely outdated, reminds me of that bob dylan song (listening to it right now actually, lol)...like i just can NOT stand my grandpa talking about the immigrants from mexico/asia in such a subtly (or not so subtle sometimes) xenophobic attitude...and i swear he's a racist. and i really do think almost all older people are racist in some way (not just white people, even). and for gods sake "coloreds" is NOT an appropriate term for black people anymore.

it just makes me sick.

:banghead:

yeah, a lot of old people seem to tend to be racist.. that's true! I guess it's because America was a lot different when they were kids and they're just not able to deal with the influx of immigrants over the last 15 years or so! :slant:

but it's such bullshit, they can't even stop and consider how their parents or granparents got here...like my grandpa is mostly german and irish, those 2 groups were blamed for bringing lots of crime and stuff in the 1850s, and the influx of immigrants as a percentage of the population was far greater back then. you could at least keep it in perspective!

and it's not only citing legitimate concerns about crime in hispanic ghettoes or something. he just makes comments about how there are so many mexicans when you go to the grocery store these days. or how awful it is to talk to a computer guy on the phone that has an indian accent. or how many "coloreds" in atlanta there are compared to where they live.

:crack:

alright, deep breaths

all better

:)

hey circa :hug:

i think i'll completely avoid the tv tomorrow. there will be specials on the 1 yr anniversary of the tsunami and i will be reminded of all the human suffering in the world. something i try to avoid at all costs. :slant:

Zootlesque said:

don't worry zoot - you're not alone. I don't own one either :(
My niece, however, showed me her new video ipod today :grumpy:

Happy Hollydaze! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom