Baby It's You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
It seems lots of series get discussed here, so I want to mention one that has really delighted me.
It started last night, not sure how many episodes there will be.
"Baby It's You"
It follows the development of the human, starting in utero. The first episode followed three infants and explored how they perceive the world. It confirmed something we have always believed. Babies are looking and learning from day one, EVERY LITTLE THING you do is noticed and absorbed by them. The film -makers used a lot of time lapse photography. I have always LOVED time lapse photography. It showed the first 24 hours of baby Xavier's life in his parents home and captured how much power a child can wield from that early age. It was so endearing.
Of course it made me as clucky as an old hen and brought back a LOT of beautiful memories..."the wibbly lip" awwwwwwwww:heart: it was fascinating and delightful, I'm hooked:)

I then watched a documentary called "Aids Warriors" about soldiers returning home after the war in Angola. My goodness!! what a situation. So little education about the disease, such a culture of unsafe sex, a human tragedy. In particular they followed the story of one gorgeous young man, Gasper. He had been in the army since he was 15 and returned home age 25
He and his wife Maria were obviously so in love, they wanted to have 3 children and she wanted "chairs and a stove" ..chairs!!!:sad:
simple needs.
He couldn't bring himself to tell her he was HIV positive, the army doctor did that ...oh dear, she tried to be strong, but she was so afraid, they gave her permission to cry. It was just so heart-rending, I wonder what has/will become of them?
:hug: Xavier and Maria:hug:

Back
Top Bottom